Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where do you want The Albion to be in 5 years time?

Where do YOU want Albion to be in 5 years time?

• In the Champions League

Votes: 22 9.6%
  • In a European Competition

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • Top 6 Premier League Side

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Top 10 Premier League Side

Votes: 92 40.4%
  • In the Premier League

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Championship

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • League One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • League Two

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Thinking about various clubs 5 Year Plans and the enjoyment last season led to a discussion with some mates recently about where we want our club to be in five years time.

I said that whilst Withdean wasn't particularly comfortable I did enjoy those times and the journeys around League 1 & 2 clubs. The football wasn't what you'd describe as "total" football but was fun. That said last season was magnificent as has the experience of The Amex and other Premier League grounds been, so concluded I was happy where we are but would like us to be challenging for Europe within five years.

Others went for:

Preferred the good old days (beer and weekend trips around the grounds) in the lower leagues (mainly focused on the beer me thinks!)
To have played in a European competition
To be an established Premier League side

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
I'd be more than happy to be an established team. Would be nice to maybe challenge for a Europe slot rather than spend the whole season looking over a shoulder in yet another relegation struggle.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Edit: OK I'll remove the facetiousness as I do remember many years ago someone on here arguing that the second tier was where we should be.

My view is that surely you have to want the very best? Champions of Europe.

That is not the same as the answer to 'what would you tolerate' or 'what is realistic'. Personally I would tolerate survival, and regard doing a bit better than Burnley as realistic.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Staying up is enough, with the occasional cup run, as per TBs response.

Be great to see a consistently large number of Mbappesque quality youth being spewed out the academy by that point as well.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'd be more than happy to be an established team. Would be nice to maybe challenge for a Europe slot rather than spend the whole season looking over a shoulder in yet another relegation struggle.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This - staying in the Premier League would be great, but perhaps with a little less bedwetting...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What I'd WANT is to be PL and European champions.

In the real world though, our obviously target right now is staying up. Then I'd like to see us finish 12th, so that I can legitimately say that I have seen the greatest team in our entire history. Realistically I'd like us to become an established PL club, pushing for top 10 with the odd season on the fringes of Europe, and some decent Cup runs. We're obviously not there yet, but if we continue to build as we have so far, then thats not out of the equation in a few years IMO.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What we might want is one thing, what we are likely to get is quite another. Who are these eejits who want/expect us to be playing Champions League football? With the way football is now it's never likely to happen, never mind in the next five years..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What I'd WANT is to be PL and European champions.

In the real world though, our obviously target right now is staying up. Then I'd like to see us finish 12th, so that I can legitimately say that I have seen the greatest team in our entire history. Realistically I'd like us to become an established PL club, pushing for top 10 with the odd season on the fringes of Europe, and some decent Cup runs. We're obviously not there yet, but if we continue to build as we have so far, then thats not out of the equation in a few years IMO.

Absolutely this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A flirt with Europe every season rather than one with relegation from the Premier League. We’ll do well to stay up for the next five years though imo.

But I do have a suspicion that TB is a modern day Midas, so we could be Champions of Europe :smile:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well obviously I want them to be a Champions League side. But back in the real world, I would be delighted if they were a top six side but would be happy and content for them to be a top 10 team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brighton & crystal palace Albion, so we can finally stop being jealous about their owners, ground, training facility, manager, goal music, pet eagle, location, fan base message board...

...oh wait, sorry my mistake, I got that round the wrong way, didn't I?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you follow a team/club that participates in a competition then by definition you have to WANT to be as successful as possible. So realistically I want to see us in the top 10, whether that happens is another thing. On the other hand, Championship is less boxxocks as is L1 and L2.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Edit: OK I'll remove the facetiousness as I do remember many years ago someone on here arguing that the second tier was where we should be.

My view is that surely you have to want the very best? Champions of Europe.

That is not the same as the answer to 'what would you tolerate' or 'what is realistic'. Personally I would tolerate survival, and regard doing a bit better than Burnley as realistic.

Our discussion also covered what it would cost to achieve Champions League, for instance, so where you want to be isn't necessarily the very top if you feel the risk associated with that is too much?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
As an established PL team playing exciting, attacking football, ideally with some players who we've developed in the first team/squad. I'd love us to win a proper trophy, e.g. F A Cup, and get into in Europe. Christ, how good would that be.

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I just want the club to exist in 5 years time - I don’t particularly care what division they are in. Having looked back on their history since I stared supporting them in 1962, there have been ups and downs; but just having my local team to support is all I ever really wanted.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I want to still feel as though the club represent my values and I want tickets to be vaguely affordable. If we have to compromise on those to go higher, I don’t want to.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Asking 'want' is likely to end up with most saying Europe at least - certainly that's what I'd like.

If the question was about 'realistic expectation', in 5 years I think being a solid top-10 team would represent an absolutely colossal achievement in that timeframe given the competition but the way the club is being run makes me think it's doable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here