Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Moped gangs

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That just mentions aims and plans. It hasn't become law yet, so in the meantime, if a criminal dies as a result of being chased on a bike, the police chasing can still be charged.
Being charged is not the same as them not being able to do it. Presumably it depends on the severity of the crime. Chasing someone who's not wearing a helmet, because they ran a red light, might seem over the top. Chasing someone who just pulled out a gun and killed someone however, would seem fair.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
I recall better what happened. This group had chased an expensive looking car into the car park.. it was in a hurry. They then stopped at the parked bikes. One took of his mask right under the camera. Was about 17 years. Hopefully they will catch. I'm sure the driver reported them. Real thugs.cant think how they will not expect to get caught it is hardly a metropolis

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Need more police and supply them with motorbikes so they can keep up with these b*stards. When they are caught - crush their mopeds, fine them, ban them from driving and put them on a curfew. Second offence, jail.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Unfoertunately public opinion is very much against the police in chases. If the alleged criminal dies, the police are deemed to have put them into that situation.
It doesn't matter that the vandal/thief has put themselves into that situation in the first place. Remember the hooha over Henry Vincent being stabbed with his own screwdriver?
Chasing kids on a bike without a helmet is 'tantamount' to putting them in danger.

I know, it's rubbish, isn't it?

it's absolutely ridiculous.....if twatts want to commit a crime then they really need to face the consequences and the public need to support the police in the execution of their arrest ....if they are hurt tough shit i say .......makes a complete mockery of the system and the young thugs know it.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Need more police and supply them with motorbikes so they can keep up with these b*stards. When they are caught - crush their mopeds, fine them, ban them from driving and put them on a curfew. Second offence, jail.

That's all very well, but if the police are going to stop chasing them as soon as they have removed their helmet (as I have seen many times on programmes like Road Wars etc), then no matter how many police you have, and irrespective of whether they have motorbikes, it is all academic if they pull out of the chase.

Just keep chasing them say I. If they come off and end up with a head like a dippy egg, who cares?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Apparently they do this as police are not allowed to pursue them in case they make them have an accident.

Surely that’s just an excuse from the Plod as they cannot be arsed to chase them,I mean,would anyone seriously give a **** if one of these little ***** fell and killed them selves?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If you two and [MENTION=2393]Uncle C[/MENTION] are right, then that is f*king ridiculous. It's a license to what you want FFS.

This. Very much this. Utter c*nts.
It's very true. Watching this stuff on tv where police in documentaries had to back off for safety reasons. Certainly not a myth.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’m afraid that to a degree it is true. Depends on the sort of offending they have been involved in but for most lower level incidents there won’t be a pursuit.

Does this mean that if I drive at 120mph without a seat belt then they won't pursue in case they cause an accident?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here