Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The 147th Open Championship

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Well done Molinari.
8 of the top 12 starting today are American, finished Molinari, McIlroy and Rose. Good stuff.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Very happy Franny won, won a nice few quid on him as he was one my of main fancies this week as I said earlier in the thread. He had the worst for the draw on the first three days and then had to put up with all the shenanigans that comes with playing with Tiger. Anyone who has been to an Open will know just how many people follow him. The 2005 Open at St Andrews where he played with Monty on the Saturday was unbelievable with the amount of punters who followed that group.

Good to see Tiger back in some sort of form, whatever you think about him. Spieth’s luck ran out as did Tigers. The course set up was great too. If the rough had been normal Carnasty style the winning score would have been about +10.

Nice one Franny:bowdown:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Radio 5 Live commentators did my head in. As some of the leaders were coming up the 18th that complete knob John Murray said "just listen to that reception from the gallery!" then proceded to shout his useless 'facts' all over it, trashing what is one of the great moments of theatre in golf.

The secret to great radio commentary isn't knowing what to say; it's knowing when to just shut up, say nothing and let the moment speak for itself.

Murray you utter **** :rant:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The Radio 5 Live commentators did my head in. As some of the leaders were coming up the 18th that complete knob John Murray said "just listen to that reception from the gallery!" then proceded to shout his useless 'facts' all over it, trashing what is one of the great moments of theatre in golf.

The secret to great radio commentary isn't knowing what to say; it's knowing when to just shut up, say nothing and let the moment speak for itself.

Murray you utter **** :rant:

See my posts.
Very annoying and cringe worthy commentary yesterday and today.
And what did they forget to do on a regular basis, tell us the leaderboard.
Dreadful.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very happy Franny won, won a nice few quid on him as he was one my of main fancies this week as I said earlier in the thread. He had the worst for the draw on the first three days and then had to put up with all the shenanigans that comes with playing with Tiger. Anyone who has been to an Open will know just how many people follow him. The 2005 Open at St Andrews where he played with Monty on the Saturday was unbelievable with the amount of punters who followed that group.

Good to see Tiger back in some sort of form, whatever you think about him. Spieth’s luck ran out as did Tigers. The course set up was great too. If the rough had been normal Carnasty style the winning score would have been about +10.

Nice one Franny:bowdown:

Still pisspoor from the utter **** that shouted out when Woods was driving off on the 18th (I think)

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Still pisspoor from the utter **** that shouted out when Woods was driving off on the 18th (I think)
Some bellend in the hospitality who got kicked out, and rightly so. Should be banned for life.

Only two years until The Open is back at Sandwich, have just been quoted £2.5k for a self catering one bedroomed townhouse in Sandwich itself for the week:eek::eek:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I agree but any non yank has had to put up with over there for years. Monty every time he swung a club.

Plus Woods still got his usual help from the crowd, one flies in the crowd one ball thrown out, only not very well!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here