Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The 147th Open Championship

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I reckon there will be some mad low scores today with player going for sh1t or bust. Lots of drivers will make it great fun to watch

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Going to try and listen on R5L but it's going to be all about Woods.
Understandable to a certain extent because he is in with a shout but it will go up to another level today after yesterday's cringing commentary.
I don't get this furore, have people totally forgotten what Woods got up to both on and off the golf course when he was good.
They said yesterday that he would make a great role model FFS.

It is all to do with TV viewing figures. Apparently, viewing figures when he was playing were/are far higher than when he wasn't. Therefore, he gets saturation coverage even when he is hitting it sideways, let alone in contention. Why that effects Radio 5 Live is a mystery though. I agree he is not a role model, but TV companies are not bothered about that as long as the advertising revenue is coming in.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It is all to do with TV viewing figures. Apparently, viewing figures when he was playing were/are far higher than when he wasn't. Therefore, he gets saturation coverage even when he is hitting it sideways, let alone in contention. Why that effects Radio 5 Live is a mystery though. I agree he is not a role model, but TV companies are not bothered about that as long as the advertising revenue is coming in.

Horrible shite now leading and the commentary is reaching new levels of histeria. Hope he ****s it up

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Great viewing and Tiger really has got his incredibly lucky pants on today. That cannot continue. Pepperall on -5 not out of it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Oh dear, R5L have lost their narrative, for now.
They can't talk about anything without managing to mention Woods.
I know I know, switch it off but it's too good, and I can't wait for the highlights tonight.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Going to try and listen on R5L but it's going to be all about Woods.
Understandable to a certain extent because he is in with a shout but it will go up to another level today after yesterday's cringing commentary.
I don't get this furore, have people totally forgotten what Woods got up to both on and off the golf course when he was good.
They said yesterday that he would make a great role model FFS.

You think it’s bad here, try watching US coverage.....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Who ever is deciding which cameras to use has never covered golf. I don’t want a close up of the golfers face I want to track his ball ffs. Plus ground level putting shots are pointless

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here