Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The 147th Open Championship

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...tees off at 06.35 BST at Carnoustie tomorrow. The first shot will be hit by Sandy Lyle, making his final Open appearance.

I can't wait.

Attachments

• Carnoustie_preview.jpeg
    Carnoustie_preview.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 322

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Carnoustie doesn't look like this......

Most Scottish Golf Clubs CURRENTLY have a brown bit between two green bits.....my course Shiskine, on the Isle of Arran is as brown as I have ever seen. Today I had two 60 yard putts from the fairway onto the green. Carnoustie will be the same........Anyone of the players could conceivably win since the scores will be very low and the course easier than expected.
An amazing spell of weather,which will probably throw up a relative unknown.

TNBA

TTF

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Carnoustie doesn't look like this......

Most Scottish Golf Clubs CURRENTLY have a brown bit between two green bits.....my course Shiskine, on the Isle of Arran is as brown as I have ever seen. Today I had two 60 yard putts from the fairway onto the green. Carnoustie will be the same........Anyone of the players could conceivably win since the scores will be very low and the course easier than expected.
An amazing spell of weather,which will probably throw up a relative unknown.

TNBA

TTF

Yesterday apparently

7cfa0f8d75ffd41997bd82dff4d63618.jpg

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Really looking forward to this. I think a European will win as it's going to play really short in this weather. I reckon there might be some really low scores

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Whilst I know that links golf is totally different and open to all the elements and it is highly unusual for Scotchland to have a dry summer, the hard brown fairways could turn this Open into a farce.
Open fairways are used to run the ball along and up and over the undulations, it's often luck where you end up anyway. They should have gone against the norm and watered them and the rough.
Woods and Mcilroy to both miss the cut then we can watch the rest of the field.
Would love to see a British winner maybe Fleetwood or Rose.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This could be Fleetwood 's moment. Has he got the bottle?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I got 40/1 on Branden Grace with 1/5 the odds to finish in the top seven.

A good way of making money on golf is to follow Steve Palmer in the Racing Post. His winnings this year is incredible. Wish I knew more about golf - it takes up so much time though.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've gone for an extremely modest E/W on Kuchar 50/1. I believe it's 1/4 odds for a top 10 placing.

I have based on the fact that I know who he is and I can say "Kuuuuuuccccchhhhh"

It appears he is doing OK

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
One of the best weeks of the year when The Open is on. I've employed my usual scattergun approach and have listed my players in order of potential winnings. Looking at how the course is, I make Zach and Molinari the pick of these as they are both very straight off the tee which is required. Unusually all of my players are out this afternoon except Lefty who has blown out already in easier conditions. Wind is getting up and the greens are firming up now so it's not going to get any easier.

Haotong Li
Zach Johnson
Russell Knox
Ryan Fox
Sergio Garcia
Fran Molinari
Tommy Fleetwood
Brooks Keopke
Alex Noren
Hideki Matsuyama
Justin Thomas
Phil Mickelson

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
One of the best weeks of the year when The Open is on. I've employed my usual scattergun approach and have listed my players in order of potential winnings. Looking at how the course is, I make Zach and Molinari the pick of these as they are both very straight off the tee which is required. Unusually all of my players are out this afternoon except Lefty who has blown out already in easier conditions. Wind is getting up and the greens are firming up now so it's not going to get any easier.

Haotong Li
Zach Johnson
Russell Knox
Ryan Fox
Sergio Garcia
Fran Molinari
Tommy Fleetwood
Brooks Keopke
Alex Noren
Hideki Matsuyama
Justin Thomas
Phil Mickelson

some good shouts in there mate...Matsuyama , Molinari , Koepke , Li , Noren like it ....good luck

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Poults
Ricky
Willett

Always have an e/w tickle on these and have made a bit on occasion due to the MASSIVE odds.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Couple of quid e/w on the following;

Fowler 18/1
Fleetwood 22/1
Molinari 30/1
Schaffele 110/1
Na 150/1

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills