Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music that reminds of your vacations.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We went there several times, the first in heatwave August 1976.

I've just cheated and glanced at the music chart at the time. Just pre-punk, god it was shocking ... mainly dross from 1 to 50 IMO.

But this stood out:

Yeh Baden Powell, whatever his name was, the camp leader, had an 8 track in their car, and that was all that blurted out!!
Great song though :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Pretty much every holiday we had in Turkey from around 2010 (ish) onwards. This song was bloody EVERYWHERE !

[YT]s0HuEvYNJNk[/YT]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey! Five pages in and not a single mention of anything mind-numbing by Black Lace, Whigfield or The Cheeky Girls.

Only the parents and guardians of small kids booked into Med hotels with kids clubs will understand.

All of the above, and their modern day equivalents form(ed) the stultifying background soundtrack to the inanities of animation teams everywhere from Albufeira to Zakynthos who have perfected the black art of being mercilessly annoying in six different languages in a single session. Here's a taster from yesteryear

Hopefully Brexit and withdrawal from the single europop market will put an end to this kind of thing.

And... RELAX :smokin:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Beatles Revolver album. My mate and I holidayed in Lloret in early 70s and took a siesta each day with a game of chess, Revolver playing on a cruddy tape machine and a bottle of Jack Daniels. Happy days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Running on Empty, Rumours, Wish You Were Here and a load of Bob Marley playing on the tape deck of a convertible sports car driving through France to Spain and back. Happy Days.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Great thread

I cannot embed the you tube links but late at night (early morning) laying in bed in Lloret de mar in late 70 s with a wonderful young lady...someone in a local bar was playing 'More than a feeling' and then 'Sultans of swing'..the sound waves exchoed rhythmically and passionately across the inner courtyard of the Hotel Clipper.

Wonderful memories.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Not a holiday but these 3 will always take me back to west germany and BAOR in 86/87

Jul 7, 2003
Had a great holiday in Playa de las Americas in April 86. We liked a small club upstairs on the street side of the Veronica Centre.

In Ibiza, Tenerife and Gran Canaria, (and Coasters, Brighton!), DJ's played great euro-pop/euro-disco and some from north america. I managed to build a collection from Rounder Records. Some made it into UK charts.

Sounds like that might have been The Crows Nest. Sounds like you have a large collection of 'extended remix' vinyl singles in your collection. Sorted through mine a while ago and there were quite a few in there I had long forgotten about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here