Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music that reminds of your vacations.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Ever frequent the Reeperbahn :wink::whistle:

hahaha , oh yes , makes Amsterdam look like a sunday school , first visited as a wet behind the ears 19 year old and a limited budget but still managed to have a fabulous time , went back about 10 years ago as a divorced broker with a corporate amex and had an even better one :lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
hahaha , oh yes , makes Amsterdam look like a sunday school , first visited as a wet behind the ears 19 year old and a limited budget but still managed to have a fabulous time , went back about 10 years ago as a divorced broker with a corporate amex and had an even better one :lolol:

Amex - rather a tenuous link :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sounds like that might have been The Crows Nest. Sounds like you have a large collection of 'extended remix' vinyl singles in your collection. Sorted through mine a while ago and there were quite a few in there I had long forgotten about.

Imported LP's and 12" singles from Rounders (US and Euro imports), influenced by DJ Rory of Coasters, and nightclub/radio misic on unforgettable lads holidays in the Canaries, Albufeira, Ibiza and Magaluff. My records are all still in great nick despite being played incessantly to the annoyance of my Dad, then later girlfriend.

Youtube is amazing - no matter how obscure an Italian 80's track for example, there are vids on there, with 100's of comments from across the planet of those around at the time and appreciative younger ones wishing they were.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
1974, I was 12, every summer holiday spent in Ramsgate with trips to Margate.
In the fun fair every night and Dreamland, on the waltzer and bumper cars with my brother while mum and dad were in the seafront pub listening to some bloke sing and play the piano.
This went on to not only remind my of those hols but still one of my favourite songs, impossible to sit still with this song.
Updated version to prove we all grow old together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL7PH_XU2vw

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Tibetan monks song in Nepal. Part of trekking and listening to the chant now makes me want to get back there.

Om Mani Padme Hom. Repeat for anything up to 8 hours.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Van McCoy's "The Hustle" from a family holiday at Sunshine Holiday Camp at Hayling Island (from 1975 or 1976)

Wallaby

Jul 6, 2018
How about KC and the Sunshine Band - That's the Way (I like it) from the never ending summer of 1975 ...................................

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here