Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music that reminds of your vacations.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is very worrying ...cant think of anything :moo:

Oh hang on Cliff Richard Wired for Sound....Leeds/Liverpool Canal holiday...Yorkshire radio (or something like that) played it every fekin day

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Any particular tracks that warmly remind you of past holidays or travel?

Any particular tunes that take you back to a sing song around an open fire in the allotment on August bank holiday?

Jul 7, 2003
Plenty of 80's europop to remind me of various holidays across the European hotspots of the era including the lesser admitted to acts such as Modern Talking.

Tenerife 87 was a musical awakening as there was a bar in Veronicas complex called Bonkers Show Bar and the Cypriot DJ Mad Mario would play all manner of weird songs but that just worked together including Blues Brothers, Rocky Horror Show, a song from a Thunderbirds soundtrack and Nutrocker through to his own renditions of songs with actions and altered lyrics.

Went to the US in 1990 and, being young and stupid, ended up in a nightclub in New Orleans rather than enjoying the delights of Bourbon Street. However, at one point they played this new track and the dance floor was instantly packed. When me and my mate heard this track, we thought is sounded quite catchy and might so well if released in the UK. The song in question - U Can't Touch This by MC Hammer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
thedonkeycentrehalf;8526 148 said:
Plenty of 80's europop to remind me of various holidays across the European hotspots of the era including the lesser admitted to acts such as Modern Talking.

Tenerife 87 was a musical awakening as there was a bar in Veronicas complex called Bonkers Show Bar and the Cypriot DJ Mad Mario would play all manner of weird songs but that just worked together including Blues Brothers, Rocky Horror Show, a song from a Thunderbirds soundtrack and Nutrocker through to his own renditions of songs with actions and altered lyrics.

Went to the US in 1990 and, being young and stupid, ended up in a nightclub in New Orleans rather than enjoying the delights of Bourbon Street. However, at one point they played this new track and the dance floor was instantly packed. When me and my mate heard this track, we thought is sounded quite catchy and might so well if released in the UK. The song in question - U Can't Touch This by MC Hammer.

Had a great holiday in Playa de las Americas in April 86. We liked a small club upstairs on the street side of the Veronica Centre.

In Ibiza, Tenerife and Gran Canaria, (and Coasters, Brighton!), DJ's played great euro-pop/euro-disco and some from north america. I managed to build a collection from Rounder Records. Some made it into UK charts.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Summer 1977, last family holiday (thankfully ever) in a rented bungalow outside Falmouth.

A fortnight watching it piss it down with rain.

Not allowed to booze by parents as only 16 although they must have known I had been doing it for a while.

Fairly certain back in Cheshire my girlfriend is seeing one of my older Brothers mates (19 and has a Sports Car the C**t).

Not a happy bunny.

Ironically this is being played to death on the radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2qI6UDD2uQ

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Summer 1977, last family holiday (thankfully ever) in a rented bungalow outside Falmouth.

A fortnight watching it piss it down with rain.

Not allowed to booze by parents as only 16 although they must have known I had been doing it for a while.

Fairly certain back in Cheshire my girlfriend is seeing one of my older Brothers mates (19 and has a Sports Car the C**t).

Not a happy bunny.

Ironically this is being played to death on the radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2qI6UDD2uQ

We went on a scout camp to a place near Hailsham/Polegate that August (77). It rained so much, rivers of mud, that it was abandoned.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
This was played every night at the start of the entertainment on our honeymoon. Brings a smile to my face every time I hear it.

Also back in the pre smartphone days I had a phone that had 3 MP3s on it when I went on holiday to Kos with my now wife so we listened to them constantly, I am now unable to listen to any of these with her in the room.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
No matter where you go on your hols, I'm sure there is music that brings all the memories flooding back.

Over to you :thumbsup:

My immediate reaction was "what an odd thread" as I first read the title as "music that reminds you of your vaccinations". I did actually for a few seconds try and think of a song and was struggling before I reread it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here