Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Kidney Dialysis

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Are any of you good NSC folk on dialysis at the moment? I'm about to start and am having trouble deciding between having peritoneal dialysis at home or haemodialysis
at the hospital. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences of either? Any info much appreciated.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Are any of you good NSC folk on dialysis at the moment? I'm about to start and am having trouble deciding between having peritoneal dialysis at home or haemodialysis
at the hospital. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences of either? Any info much appreciated.

My father in law is on dialysis, three times a week at Bexhill hospital.
He decided this, rather than home, mainly for the social interaction and a wanting to belong to something normal.
The group he is in, do social activities, outside the hospital, similarly to 'beanos'
The humour is good, one of the guys being nicknamed Lord Fauntelroy.
My FIL says doing dyalsis, is like your body running a marathon.
He enjoys it :)

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I know nothing about the subject so I can't help with your question but I'd like to wish you all the best whatever you decide.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Firstly good luck, wish you all the best.

My dad (he’s 76) has been on haemodialysis for about 3 years now after total kidney failure. Totally routine now and doesn’t see it as a big deal - three visits to hospital a week where he gets to lie down, watch TV, drink tea and doze/chat. The hospital also provide transport both ways. My mum secretly appreciates the peace and quiet too I think. They’ve moved house recently, transferring the arrangements to a new hospital was no problem at all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Good luck

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know nothing about the subject so I can't help with your question but I'd like to wish you all the best whatever you decide.

I echo that. My best wishes.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Whatever you decide, especially hospital treatment, you may want to think about dyalsis holidays.
I'm going with the in laws to Bournemouth, for that sole purpose.
Anyway good luck :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Like others I can’t offer any advice but I wish you all the best.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm fairly sure there is a poster called Tricky Dicky? who is on dialysis.

That is correct, and I am sure knowing the young man he would only be too happy to give some advice, personal message him.

Not sure how to do a name tag thing so it comes up on his notifications.

All the best.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That is correct, and I am sure knowing the young man he would only be too happy to give some advice, personal message him.

Not sure how to do a name tag thing so it comes up on his notifications.

All the best.

I tried twice, with a space & without a space, but it wouldn't come up as a Mention.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Thinking of you, mate. One of my colleague's father has been on dialysis for about twenty years now, and I know he goes into hospital, but not sure which type he has. I can ask if you like?

goldstonegull

Feb 18, 2009
plymouth
My wife was on peritoneal dialysis for 4 yrs. and ended up with a rare disease called Sclerosing Peritonitis that patients on peritoneal dialysis can get. Please ask your consultant about it before you make a decision, it is so important. Whatever you decide I wish you all the best.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
My wife was on peritoneal dialysis for 4 yrs. and ended up with a rare disease called Sclerosing Peritonitis that patients on peritoneal dialysis can get. Please ask your consultant about it before you make a decision, it is so important. Whatever you decide I wish you all the best.

Thanks for that info. I've more or less decided to go for the haemodialyss option.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here