Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Baldock moves to Reading {CONFIRMED}

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really pleased for Sam, CH obviously didn’t rate him in the Premier League but I have really good memories of his contribution to our promotion. Go Sam

He wouldn't get into the current Albion...

...medical unit. :lol:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
C3B7F939-85C2-4526-A053-C19CF68A3124.jpeg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No love lost from you lot I see :D

Pleased with the signing, think he'll do well in a front two with Bodvarsson.

Sorry to do this again, but... How you feeling now?

I've taken 9/2 on Reading to be relegated this season. Their squad is absolutely terrible, they have a reasonable goalkeeper for that level in Vito Mannone but the rest of the squad is really, really poor.

http://www.footballsquads.co.uk/eng/2018-2019/flcham/reading.htm

I don't dislike Reading, I have no specific feelings about them as a club but I do find this squad to be up there with the Brighton squad of 14/15. Really, really poor quality.

Investment looking pretty strong at the moment. Terrible team and performing exactly as expected.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting to see who would win the great battle of Baldock vs Hemed today.

Oh.

Hemed vs Baldock.PNG

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Reading FC fans urge club to cash in on Sam Baldock this summer, according to this Reading rag!

The forward struggled to make an impact in his first season in Berkshire, however, with form and fitness resulting in him scoring just five goals in 23 games.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-fans-urge-club-16321678

Let's be fair, Hemed was a loyal, hard working centre forward. But he was always an average Championship player, let alone Prem.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Let's be fair, Hemed was a loyal, hard working centre forward. But he was always an average Championship player, let alone Prem.

Firstly I'd argue he was more than an average player for us in the championship, but secondly and more importantly I'm wondering what that has to do with the post you quoted and indeed this thread in general which concerns Sam Baldock.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Reading FC fans urge club to cash in on Sam Baldock this summer, according to this Reading rag!

The forward struggled to make an impact in his first season in Berkshire, however, with form and fitness resulting in him scoring just five goals in 23 games.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-fans-urge-club-16321678

The same Reading fans who slated Norwood when we poached him.. 3 seasons, 3 promos... Hold on, do Reading have fans?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Firstly I'd argue he was more than an average player for us in the championship, but secondly and more importantly I'm wondering what that has to do with the post you quoted and indeed this thread in general which concerns Sam Baldock.

Sussex Nobhead talking incoherent bollocks again?

Let me rest my weary legs and ponder this bombshell a moment.....

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

To be fair, reckon you could trawl through NSC and find plenty of similar comments from us regarding his injuries and lack of goals. He was 3 goals in 20 games for his in his first season - a similar struggle for us. Reading fans need only then look at how he became an integral support striker for both Hemed and Murray, we were never as effective when he didn't play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here