Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So here we go again.

Quick reminder for those who didn't follow this tracker last season.

The assumption is we need 40 points to stay up (we can argue that all close season, and yes last season we didn't quite need it but it has happened and therefore I am sticking with it, hit 40 points and we are almost certainly staying up).

To get these the easiest way is beat the bottom ten teams at home and draw with them away (bottom ten defined as lowest seven not relegated last season plus three promoted, meaning all the way up to Newcastle as we don't play ourselves).

So this is a non biased, completely objective view of the fixtures and how we are doing against them through the season. It pretty much worked last season in that we tracked close to this or there or thereabouts, doing slightly better early on, slightly worse in the middle and finishing close enough.

So here it is for the coming season:

- First seven games yield just five points, NSC goes into meltdown.
- 15 games in a massive drubbing of Palace sees us looking up the table not down.
- we then go 9 games without a win and edge towards the relegation zone by the end of January.
- a MASSIVE March sees us take 10 points from 4 games to edge towards safety
- 7 points in the last 6 games edges us over the line.

All sounds very familiar doesn't it.

Attachments

• 18 Fixture Start.png
    18 Fixture Start.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 10,684
  • 18 Graph Start.png
    18 Graph Start.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 10,901
Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So once again you are tipping no points against the top 6 despite us taking 7 last time ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
And then for the more optimistic amongst us, a European tracker. (I'm desperate to qualify for Europe just so when we get knocked out we can have a different kind of Brexit thread)

But anyway, same synopsis but based on achieving 56 points which has mostly been enough to qualify for Europe. Burnley did it with 54 last season.

Interestingly the first 10 matches are identical to the staying up tracker.

Hope you like the Orange European tracker.

p.s) my hunch, for what it's worth is we will be somewhere between the 2, 45-48 points.

Attachments

• 18 Fixtures Start Europe.png
    18 Fixtures Start Europe.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 10,240
  • 18 Graph Europe Start.png
    18 Graph Europe Start.png
    102 KB · Views: 10,257

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another season of zero away wins, aggghhhhhh unless we tweak the nose of European football

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So once again you are tipping no points against the top 6 despite us taking 7 last time ?

The first to miss the point of this thread. And almost certainly not the last.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I get what you are saying but it's still a bit silly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good effort - but looks as if we'll be leaving it to the last moment - 3 wins and a draw out of 4 in March, 2 and a draw in April. Looks like a pretty hair-raising season - bottom three until the late putsch. Let's hope we're not too down-hearted by then (or have sacked CH in a moment of panic).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We're DOOMED I tell thee.

McGhee OUT!!!!!!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
The one thing we can guarantee is that most sensible predictions will be well wide of the mark quite often.
And we'll get a few surprises.
Bring. It. On. :banana: :albion:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Good to see this thread return for the upcoming season. Thank you.

Another daunting season ahead. I’m sure the European table will be updated on a weekly basis!!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Great work again [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION], but unless my eyes deceive me, I don't think you have explicitly stated in your opening post that the points are based upon beating those "bottom ten" teams at home and drawing with them away. You might wish to edit that in (if you can) to help minimize moans from the madding crowd.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Would have been interesting to include a column showing the result from last season!

That would be a good tracker for someone else to do, are you up for it?

D

Deleted member 18477

One of my favourite threads! Can we have a graph incase we do a Leicester? Too soon? :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Great work again [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION], but unless my eyes deceive me, I don't think you have explicitly stated in your opening post that the points are based upon beating those "bottom ten" teams at home and drawing with them away. You might wish to edit that in (if you can) to help minimize moans from the madding crowd.

Good point, done.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here