Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
6 points from the next 10 games. I'll be surprised if we don't achieve that. Especially after another 1 nil Murray special this weekend :)

kjgood

They were talking about this on the radio this morning (not sure who it was,wasn't really concentrating), but the essence of the discussion was there are a couple of obvious issues - they keep changing the back four so it's unsettled, and tactically they are too gung-ho for a newly promoted team and have been found out very quickly.

This is in the Guardian today :

1) Fulham’s defensive record borders on embarrassing
On the eve of the new season Slavisa Jokanovic said Fulham “don’t have to change much but we need to be intelligent. We need to grow up.” Two months down the line and either Jokanovic underestimated how much Fulham needed to adapt to be ready for the Premier League or his players are not being as smart as he had hoped. Whatever the answer, Fulham did not spend more than £100m in the summer to be languishing in the relegation zone with one win from nine games and a defensive record that is in danger of becoming an embarrassment. Alarm bells should be ringing after Cardiff, who had scored only four times in their opening eight games, doubled their tally for the season against Jokanovic’s porous team. As things stand, Fulham are on course to concede more than 100 goals this season. They need to wise up fast.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ue-10-talking-points-from-the-weekends-action

I was at the Cardiff - Fulham game and it was two poor teams playing poor football, certainly not premier league football in my view. The Fulham defence was just a mess, they looked disjointed, there was a lot of arguing between themselves and the goalkeeper looked very very poor certainly not England quality.

Cardiff scored as many goals in one game that they have scored in all their other games this season and could have had more, but in my view that wasnt down to their attacking excellence.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Even worse than that...............................one win in 14 games until the beginning of February. Don't think it'll be that lean.

I think the away win against the barcodes will be a bit of a turning point – a monkey of their backs sort of thing. I'm not saying it'll be three points tomorrow, but surely one of those eight(?) away games will end up being three points to the good guys, won't it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think the away win against the barcodes will be a bit of a turning point – a monkey of their backs sort of thing. I'm not saying it'll be three points tomorrow, but surely one of those eight(?) away games will end up being three points to the good guys, won't it?

You'd hope so.....I'm also looking at the tracker in terms of 'games ahead' not just 'points ahead' - feels good to think that our points total is what we need after 14 games already. 1 in 14 would be awful from here - can't see it myself.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
6 points from the next 10 games. I'll be surprised if we don't achieve that. Especially after another 1 nil Murray special this weekend :)

I was thinking more along the lines of 12 points from the next 10 games, I'll be surprised if we don't achieve that. :albion2:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

With a bit of a well earned bit of luck buffer with those scrapping down below us, hopefully we can start playing with a bit more confidence and less fear from some of our team, as defeats are not going to feel that painful unless we have a real run of them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So an expected loss yesterday leaving us 2 points ahead of the relegation tracker but now only one point ahead of the Europe tracker as we needed a draw at Everton to hold our position in this.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 11.png
    Fixtures Game 11.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 553
  • Graph Game 11.png
    Graph Game 11.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 546

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Love this- thanks for all your work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

So an expected loss yesterday leaving us 2 points ahead of the relegation tracker but now only one point ahead of the Europe tracker as we needed a draw at Everton to hold our position in this.

Can you whack a red vertical line in at the end of January so we can see how we track after the January transfer deadline please Mr Giraffe???

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes thankfully there are a few poor teams this season - I think 38 points will be the safe zone this year

I think that is massively generous.

Let's compare it with last season, after 11 games the bottom 5 had:
10 wins, 41 points between them. 34 pts would have kept you up at the end.

This season the bottom 5 after 11 games:
4 wins, 26 points between them.

It will require a remarkable turnaround for not just 1, but 3 or 4 of those teams down there for the staying up points total to be as high as last season. I think you could be looking at as low as 32 or 33 being enough this season.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

It will require a remarkable turnaround for not just 1, but 3 or 4 of those teams down there for the staying up points total to be as high as last season. I think you could be looking at as low as 32 or 33 being enough this season.

Yeah it's all looking good in that respect.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agreed.......one more win and we're already half way I reckon.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Vital few games before Christmas.

The West Ham, Newcastle and Wolves results might have easily been different on another day, and the 9 points gained most welcome. Cardiff, Burnley, Palace and 'Udders will establish next year's mood and aims, and dictate whether the 16/1 currently available is a speculative investment or not.

Exciting times, whatever the thrill level of performance.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
A point dropped for the first time since Fulham at home. Personally think we should have won this as Cardiff look truly dreadful. But we remain one point ahead of the relegation tracker and oddly on track for Europe!

Palace remain five points below.

Big game looming on the horizon on December 4th. Big game.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 12.png
    Fixtures Game 12.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 382
  • Chart Game 12.png
    Chart Game 12.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 375

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A point dropped for the first time since Fulham at home. Personally think we should have won this as Cardiff look truly dreadful. But we remain one point ahead of the relegation tracker and oddly on track for Europe!

Palace remain five points below.

Big game looming on the horizon on December 4th. Big game.

Really interesting period coming up with only 4 points needed from 8 games, or 6 from 12 to stay on course with our impressive tracker.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here