Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Who is America? (Sacha Baron Cohen)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Nope. What happened in the state I live in?

Oh yeah, so you do.
Maybe its different in the big city. but basically there was a meeting in a hall and Cohen said there was going to be an investment of $350 million dollars of infrastructure in the town, which was met with warm applause.
That was until he said that it was going to be the worlds biggest Mosque.
I think you can probably guess the rest, it was disgusting.
It ended with them saying, yes we do have black people in the town but we tolerate them.
Pondlife.
Typical Arizona? someone has already said yes, cant think of anyone better to confirm it.
Lets just say they are not my type of people.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Oh yeah, so you do.
Maybe its different in the big city. but basically there was a meeting in a hall and Cohen said there was going to be an investment of $350 million dollars of infrastructure in the town, which was met with warm applause.
That was until he said that it was going to be the worlds biggest Mosque.
I think you can probably guess the rest, it was disgusting.
It ended with them saying, yes we do have black people in the town but we tolerate them.
Pondlife.
Typical Arizona? someone has already said yes, cant think of anyone better to confirm it.
Lets just say they are not my type of people.

Could be the NSC racists American cousins.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A brilliant second show, some of the content is satire at its finest. The Ted Koppel bit wasn't great but Cheney and the guy from Georgia attacking SBC with his arse was 10 on 10, liquid comedy.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Oh well. Hopefully the state won't go bankrupt this year without your tourist dollars.

After watching the programme and given a snapshot of life in small town Arizona, I ask a simple and sensible question to ask, from someone who lives there if, in their opinion, if it's really like that and you reply with that.
I often wonder what is wrong with people sometimes, and why people are so protective to where they live.
There is a lot of stress and anger out there it seems.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pretty dull, obvious humour. Man in prosthetics goes to backward rednecks and laughs at them when they act like backward rednecks. Mind you, I thought Ali G was boring as **** after about 2 episodes.
Just seems like a tired throwback to 00’s late night telly.

Pass.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
After watching the programme and given a snapshot of life in small town Arizona, I ask a simple and sensible question ....

You didn't though, did you? You saw a handful of people on a Sacha Baron Cohen show and then posted this:-

Note to self
Never go to Arizona.
Even though I am white.

Based upon your comments, I assume you were offended by what you perceived to be people's insularity and prejudice.

.....and then you proceeded to write off an entire state that is more than twice the size of England and has over 7 million inhabitants based upon your "experience" of this handful of people.

You really have no self-awareness, have you?

Arizona is an amazing state, and I'm extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to live out here or 16 years and experience what it has to offer.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
After watching the programme and given a snapshot of life in small town Arizona, I ask a simple and sensible question to ask, from someone who lives there if, in their opinion, if it's really like that and you reply with that.
I often wonder what is wrong with people sometimes, and why people are so protective to where they live.
There is a lot of stress and anger out there it seems.

Isn't it human (and animal) nature to want to protect where they live? It is in our genes and DNA and has probably been an adaptive behaviour developed for survival. It would be stranger if people didn't have that instinct.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You didn't though, did you? You saw a handful of people on a Sacha Baron Cohen show and then posted this:-

Based upon your comments, I assume you were offended by what you perceived to be people's insularity and prejudice.

.....and then you proceeded to write off an entire state that is more than twice the size of England and has over 7 million inhabitants based upon your "experience" of this handful of people.

Arizona is an amazing state, and I'm extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to live out here or 16 years and experience what it has to offer.
Nah, I bet it's shit.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

So the answer is yes it is full of cretins thanks for confirming my request.
Please don't come back any time soon you idiot.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My word.
ff0c35dad253a9dc9fd92984869d8ca4.gif

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Jason Spencer has put in his resignation from 31st July. 4 months before his time was officially up having lost the recent Primary.
He is the n word shouting, naked bottom touching half wit. Apparently he acted as he did because he wanted to protect his family.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I haven't got round to watching this properly yet. Where can you watch it online?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I do not see anything wrong in AZ Gull's reply to be honest, how can you say an entire state is full of cretins that is a very judgemental statement full of ignorance and arrogance itself.

Arizona is an amazing state with many amazing people, and yes some cretins like everywhere.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As the series progresses, just gets more and more HORRIBLE to watch :lolol:

Last weeks was pretty poor IMO, but it was BANG on form last night. The counter-terrorism training in an office environment was something else.

"In Israel we always say 'Hide, Improvise, Violence'. HIV. I want to give you HIV"
"Yes sir"
"I want you to go out and spread HIV"
"Yes sir, I will".

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here