Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Where are we:

Post Wimbledon/Charlton

Locadia (groin) - Hughton: "It's good news. He felt his groin on Saturday and you can think the worst. It's minor but he will still probably be a couple of weeks.". So probably thats the remaining pre-season friendlies he will miss although i guess Hughton trying to get him fit for Nantes.

Strewth! We might have bought Locadia to fill the 'Better Baldock' slot in the squad - but I don't think we meant it like this!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Pre - Nice presser

Players:
Locadia (groin) - back training Thursday.
Alireza (new signing) - due to make debut
Andone (groin) - due to make debut.
Dunk - rested, not playing.
Izquierdo - rested, not playing.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/163...-11-days-before-albions-premier-league-start/

Fringe Players
Norwood, Towell (looking for loans/clubs)
Baldock (off to Reading)
Skalak (off to Millwall)

Hasn't put an Albion shirt on since May.
Won't be playing at Watford then.
Has he come back unfit/tired?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Hasn't put an Albion shirt on since May.
Won't be playing at Watford then.
Has he come back unfit/tired?

Izquierdo. He's being eased back in, I guess. Doesn't need as many minutes as everyone else given he was training with Columbia every day, right up to July 2nd. And had only a few weeks off before reporting back to the Albion a week or so ago.
Everyone else, pretty much, packed up in mid May and were in Vegas, on holiday etc for 6 weeks.*

* or he's there's something else thats not being reported which is what i think you're getting at.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Izquierdo. He's being eased back in, I guess. Doesn't need as many minutes as everyone else given he was training with Columbia every day, right up to July 2nd. And had only a few weeks off before reporting back to the Albion a week or so ago.
Everyone else, pretty much, packed up in mid May and were in Vegas, on holiday etc for 6 weeks.

Mmm. I don't know: Ryan and Balogun have both been back and played twice since. I appreciate they came back to training sooner but even so.
He's the best left winger we have by a large amount, in my opinion, so it's a blow that he's had no pre-season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Mmm. I don't know: Ryan and Balogun have both been back and played twice since. I appreciate they came back to training sooner but even so.
He's the best left winger we have by a large amount, in my opinion, so it's a blow that he's had no pre-season.

He had his pre-season at the World Cup, had a rest, now picking up fitness again before Friday I'd suggest.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Looked knackered at the end of last season

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Ryan and Balogun's last games at the World Cup were on June 26th, a week before Izquierdo.
He needs less time / pre-season unless. A blow i guess but plenty of other Prem League players in the same boat.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Haven’t seen any mention of Izquierdo’s injury (assuming he has one)

No Andone or Locadia tonight either (both due back by now).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Haven’t seen any mention of Izquierdo’s injury (assuming he has one)

No Andone or Locadia tonight either (both due back by now).

Locadia was due to resume training yesterday.
No chance of featuring today.
Don't know about Florin.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It looks like our luck with injuries has run out and the team we out out at Watford is likely to be weaker than the side we had for most of last season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It looks like our luck with injuries has run out and the team we out out at Watford is likely to be weaker than the side we had for most of last season.

Really?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here