NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Current status - Monday Open Training session

Bruno [hamstring] - CH - “is a concern [for Man U] because he felt his hamstring” - Not training.
Andone [groin] - Trained for first time in a fortnight on Monday. Running drills separate from rest of team.
Izquierdo [knee]- CH “probably is going to be a little bit longer” [before a return to training]. Not involved in open session on Monday.
Montoya [new signing] - Training.
Jason Steele [Thigh] - Training again.

Via:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/1641...eir-shoulders/
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16415174.martin-montoya-gets-down-to-work-with-albion/

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I said last season that I thought Chris was being economical with the truth about the status of our players. CJ interpreted this as me saying Chris lies, and CJ said he doesn't believe that happens.

It certainly seems that Izquierdo's injury was kept from us (not that I mind that). Have you now changed your opinion CJ?

Izquierdo. He's being eased back in, I guess. Doesn't need as many minutes as everyone else given he was training with Columbia every day, right up to July 2nd.
Naylor just tweeted, Izquierdo 'gather he may not make start of season'
I know. So presumably he must be injured.
Fitness / Injuries Post Nantes
Izquierdo - "minor fitness issue" - according to the Argus -
Injury tracker pre Watford

Jose (not identified/fitness) - "hasn't quite made it..."Coming back from a World Cup campaign, it's just giving him that little bit more time to get up to speed."

Latest - Hughton quotes -

Izquierdo - now confirmed as knee - “probably is going to be a little bit longer” [before a return to training]

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Bruno [hamstring] - CH - “is a concern [for Man U] because he felt his hamstring” - Not training.
Andone [groin] - Trained for first time in a fortnight on Monday. Running drills separate from rest of team.
Izquierdo [knee]- CH “probably is going to be a little bit longer” [before a return to training]. Not involved in open session on Monday.

Via:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16415174.martin-montoya-gets-down-to-work-with-albion/

Izquierdo is just under three weeks away.
Source: a player, 10 days ago.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I said last season that I thought Chris was being economical with the truth about the status of our players. CJ interpreted this as me saying Chris lies, and CJ said he doesn't believe that happens.

It certainly seems that Izquierdo's injury was kept from us (not that I mind that). Have you now changed your opinion CJ?

Yes. Agreed. They could have been clearer communicating JI injury as they nearly always do with other players 99% of the time. No idea why they haven't but to be fair they have briefed his status about 4 times now in the last fortnight or so now, so not exactly been "keeping it from us" but yes. its taken a while.
And sorry if i was too dogmatic engaging with you before about it, its a bit moot whether "economical with the truth" means "lying" in this context or not. Its only bloomin football injuries after all not running the country. `And Its clearly stuck with you or irked you , otherwise you wouldn't be quoting back what i've been putting in these updates multiple times at me, so apologies for being so pedantic ( a bit of a boring failing of mine on NSC!) about it at the beginning.
What i think we can both agree is a) i wish he'd hurry up recovering as we could do with him on the wing on Sunday...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
And one training is good news. Wonder if any chance could be involved Sunday ? Separate drills suggests not

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes. Agreed.
:thumbsup:
They could have been clearer communicating JI injury as they nearly always do with other players 99% of the time. No idea why they haven't
Maybe because Chris didn't want Watford to know which team they'd be facing?
but to be fair they have briefed his status about 4 times now in the last fortnight or so now, so not exactly been "keeping it from us" but yes. its taken a while.
I guess we don't know when he got injured, but many here were wondering what was up with him, and my guess is that it was a while back, yet the club said 'Other injuries - all cleared up. Duffy now back from his op... '. I'm not convinced that was true.

And sorry if i was too dogmatic engaging with you before about it, its a bit moot whether "economical with the truth" means "lying" in this context or not. Its only bloomin football injuries after all not running the country.
Indeed, no need to apologise. The thing is, if Chris does want to withhold some injury news, or even completely lie about something, that's absolutely fine with me. If he doesn't want to give the opposition some information, or he wants to make their preparation a little less certain, that's all good.

And Its clearly stuck with you or irked you , otherwise you wouldn't be quoting back what i've been putting in these updates multiple times at me
I'm not irked. We have differing opinions how how open Chris is about team news. Over time this thread should highlight just how transparent he is.
so apologies for being so pedantic ( a bit of a boring failing of mine on NSC!) about it at the beginning.
You're apologising to me about being pedantic, and it being boring? Well now you have insulted me.

What i think we can both agree is a) i wish he'd hurry up recovering as we could do with him on the wing on Sunday...
Indeed, one of our stand out players from last season for me.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Jose is “a few weeks away”. Source: Jose.
Saints probably targeted.
Told him we need him on the pitch. Little sycophantic perhaps but...we do.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Via:

Friday - pre Man U - CH quotes

Bruno [hamstring] - out for Man U - “not as bad as we thought - might train next week”

Andone [groin] - out for Man U - reports he had started light training - “very close to being back”

Izquierdo [knee] - out for Man U - “very close to being back”

Montaya - new signing - “at a good level - available to play “

Via https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/1030372790002704384

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Friday - pre Man U - CH quotes

Bruno [hamstring] - out for Man U - “not as bad as we thought - might train next week”

Andone [groin] - out for Man U - reports he had started light training - “very close to being back”

Izquierdo [knee] - out for Man U - “very close to being back”

Montana - new signing - “at a good level - available to play “

Via https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/1030372790002704384

Montoya (Montana ??) potentially starts on Sunday then.............given it looks like Schelotto has been left out of the named squad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Montoya (Montana ??) potentially starts on Sunday then.............given it looks like Schelotto has been left out of the named squad.

Nah he's injured. :lolol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Montoya (not the other fella ) has been hinted at replacing Bruno all week by Argus so I’d guess a CH “he’s available” is about as close to confirming it as you’d get out of CH

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Here’s how the club have summarised the current injuries on Twitter tonight.

2b390ef731b5973c4bff32180586caa2.png

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Dunk in a protective boot watching the match having been subbed (via @bbcssussexsport )

Hughton "We won't know until tomorrow morning, he's gone over on his ankle but Lewis is a tough individual and he's not use to missing games."

Dunk.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here