Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Good thread this. I like it. Constant downplaying of injuries and then disappearances of certain players is quite frustrating.

I also like the phrase used by Hughton on Murray “a whack on he back” and the way he sort of smiled as though there is always comedy value in a Murray niggle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe we should learn from Tomer's fitness regime. I don't think I can remember when he wast last injured (and the season 2 years ago?) where he played nearly every minute.

He is immune from quite a few injuries.....he doesn’t run fast enough to get them :smile:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Argus has more of a post Nantes Hughton interview today with CH on injuries
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/163...ton-will-not-gamble-on-strike-duo/?ref=twtrec

Not a lot more in there but effectively saying as before -
- Hughton being careful with strikers.
- Andone “might” be on bench for Watford.
- no update on reason for Jose absence.

Naylor , either speculating or based on Hughton chat predicts that of new players - Bernardo will start, and Button, Bissouma, AliJ, Balogun and possibly Andone will be on bench for Watford.

Press conference is Thursday for more updates.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Argus has more of a post Nantes Hughton interview today with CH on injuries
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/163...ton-will-not-gamble-on-strike-duo/?ref=twtrec

Not a lot more in there but effectively saying as before -
- Hughton being careful with strikers.
- Andone “might” be on bench for Watford.
- no update on reason for Jose absence.

Naylor , either speculating or based on Hughton chat predicts that of new players - Bernardo will start, and Button, Bissouma, AliJ, Balogun and possibly Andone will be on bench for Watford.

Press conference is Thursday for more updates.

Can't see Andone being on the bench. Be Hemed and Murray to start. That's providing Murray is ok.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Unless injuries dictate, I'd imagine we'll start with the same lineup as for the Nantes match, albeit I would personally promote AJ to the left wing.

That said, given the match last year, we'll probably need to keep AJ on the bench as a sub for when Knockers is cynically fouled and limps off.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Jose posting video of his left leg getting some treatment/testing on Insta this weekend. Looked like the big muscle groups above the knee. Didn't look serious, lifting weights with left leg and monitoring.

Looks to have bulked up a bit as well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yup. My son saw him in Churchill Sq last week and said his knee was strapped.
Jose posting video of his left leg getting some treatment/testing on Insta this weekend. Looked like the big muscle groups above the knee. Didn't look serious, lifting weights with left leg and monitoring.
It does sound like he's got a bit of an injury, but not according to the club.

Hughton on knocks post Wimbledon :

Locadia, Duffy - both were subbed.

“Coming off - precautionary - We’re hoping they’ll be available for midweek...but we won’t know until tomorrow” [when they will be assessed.]

Also injured:
Andone, Steele, Murray.

Where are we:

Post Wimbledon/Charlton

Locadia (groin) - Hughton: "It's good news. He felt his groin on Saturday and you can think the worst. It's minor but he will still probably be a couple of weeks.". So probably thats the remaining pre-season friendlies he will miss although i guess Hughton trying to get him fit for Nantes.

Andone (groin) - is now due back for Nice friendly next Tuesday.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16375037.albion-striker-jurgen-locadia-sidelined-for-a-fortnight/

Other injuries - all cleared up. Duffy now back from his op...

Report in Argus this morning that Izquierdo and Jahanbaksch will also play in the Nice friendly. (but not Birmingham).
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/163...soar-past-100m-spent-on-premier-league-deals/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Injury tracker pre Watford

Headlines: Murray ("whack in the back") and Locadia ("groin") are fit and will feature. Too early for Izquierdo and Andone - although both are in training.

Locadia (groin) - "He's fine. He's been training"
Andone (groin) - "He's not quite there, he'll be training tomorrow or Monday"
Jose (not identified/fitness) - "hasn't quite made it..."Coming back from a World Cup campaign, it's just giving him that little bit more time to get up to speed."
Glenn ("whack in the back") - "Glenn's fine, he is back training. He went for a ball the day before the Nantes game, whacked his back and neck, started the game and probably if he's had another 24 hours he'd have been okay"

via : http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/164...at-watford-but-andone-and-izquierdo-miss-out/

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Injury tracker pre Watford

Jose (not identified/fitness) - "hasn't quite made it..."Coming back from a World Cup campaign, it's just giving him that little bit more time to get up to speed."
This just doesn't make sense. Last night Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku, Maguire and Vardy all played, and they were all in the squad for 3 more games in the WC than early leavers Colombia.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This just doesn't make sense. Last night Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku, Maguire and Vardy all played, and they were all in the squad for 3 more games in the WC than early leavers Colombia.
Good point. Be interesting to hear Jem's views on this

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Hughton hasn’t said much on this except above. Argus did report though on Thursday that it was also a “minor niggle” for Jose.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hughton hasn’t said much on this except above. Argus did report though on Thursday that it was also a “minor niggle” for Jose.

It’s nearly always “a minor niggle” when initially reported by the Albion :wink:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
It’s nearly always “a minor niggle” when initially reported by the Albion :wink:

Duffy, Locadia and Murray (twice) have all returned from injuries as projected by Hughton and then reported by the Argus this season so far and it hasn’t even started !

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Duffy, Locadia and Murray (twice) have all returned from injuries as projected by Hughton and then reported by the Argus this season so far and it hasn’t even started !

No argument with you on that, but remember last season Stephens and Baldock first had “minor niggles” before it turned long term. Really really hope it’s not like that with Izquierdo.

I am watching your injuries thread like a hawk :smile:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Jose has a minor niggle, when did he get it, because Hughton (according to you) said "Other injuries - all cleared up. Duffy now back from his op... "?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
If Jose has a minor niggle, when did he get it, because Hughton (according to you) said "Other injuries - all cleared up. Duffy now back from his op... "?

No idea. I’m just reporting in this thread what others have reported Hughton said to help other NSC users who perhaps don’t follow this as closely as some of us. . and also a bit of the more sensible social media clues thrown in. But that’s all I’ve got. Sorry if it’s not up to scratch !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No idea. I’m just reporting in this thread what others have reported Hughton said to help other NSC users who perhaps don’t follow this as closely as some of us. . and also a bit of the more sensible social media clues thrown in. But that’s all I’ve got. Sorry if it’s not up to scratch !
You do seem to miss the odd bit out, which is why I've quoted your old posts to show that Hughton (according to you) has claimed we have no other injuries.

Izqueirdo hasn't made the 18 today, so I'd guess he's injured, but the club seem to have kept that from us don't you think?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
You do seem to miss the odd bit out, which is why I've quoted your old posts to show that Hughton (according to you) has claimed we have no other injuries.

Izqueirdo hasn't made the 18 today, so I'd guess he's injured, but the club seem to have kept that from us don't you think?

Yes. They could have told us more about Izquierdo’s status. (Can I watch the game now Trig ?)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here