Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Pre - Season:

Lets see if Hughton really says what he means when it comes to injuries. And lets keep it to this thread if we can. Might get a bit boring because most of last season he did. Match after match after match after match. I'll try and track it , if you want to check up on this (probably not) one game at a time.

Post St Gallen friendly:

Murray (ankle) - "We'll see. I think he's just jarred his ankle.
"Last season he had a few little problems with it and generally he was fine, came through, didn't miss many games.
"I anticipate it will be the same. Sometimes if it's different then your are a little bit more concerned, but he has managed to cope with it."

Duffy (groin): "likely" to make comeback v Charlton/Pompey.

Andone (groin), Steele (thigh): "being monitored"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good idea for a thread given the split camp on whether CH is economical with the truth on expected recovery times.

Kudos to [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION], as a fervent believer and backer of press conference injury updates, for sticking his neck on the line for his beliefs :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pre - Season:

Lets see if Hughton really says what he means when it comes to injuries. And lets keep it to this thread if we can. Might get a bit boring because most of last season he did. Match after match after match after match. I'll try and track it , if you want to check up on this (probably not) one game at a time.

Post St Gallen friendly:

"Last season he had a few little problems with it and generally he was fine, came through, didn't miss many games.
"I anticipate it will be the same. Sometimes if it's different then your are a little bit more concerned, but he has managed to cope with it."

Monitoring a groin :moo:

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hughton spoke in slightly more details about absent players yesterday in interview with Club website:
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/july/hughtons-update-on-albions-world-cup-trio/

Also not really injuries but Hughton has updated us on return of the World Cup trio :

Leon Balogun - back training today
Maty Ryan - Tomorrow (Wednesday)
Jose Izquierdo - Monday.

What an era to be a pro footballer, especially at a great club such as the Albion, with its brilliant training facilities.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Brighton fans can be happy if the team experiences a similar season to 2017/18 (injury-wise). I think Sidwell was the only long-term casualty.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Brighton fans can be happy if the team experiences a similar season to 2017/18 (injury-wise). I think Sidwell was the only long-term casualty.

We will be happy if we finish 17th or better again!

Yes we were relatively fortunate with the lack of serious injuries, in addition to Sidwell, Kayal was sidelined after breaking a leg in a pre-season game.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're happy we're not from Burnley anything else is just more icing on the cake.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Pre - Season:

Post St Gallen friendly:

As Hughton called it - Duffy is back today v Charlton.
Steele, Murray and Andone still out - will confirm his quotes on returns post match .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton on knocks post Wimbledon :

Locadia, Duffy - both were subbed.

“Coming off - precautionary - We’re hoping they’ll be available for midweek...but we won’t know until tomorrow” [when they will be assessed.]

Also injured:
Andone, Steele, Murray.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton pre Pompey/Charlton:

- Murray , presumably recovered, will be involved in “one of the games”
- Andone is “close” but not playing today
- Steele (injured), Ryan (only just back) won’t feature.
- Duffy and Locadia who came off for precautionary reasons v Wimbledon. Duffy in team for Pompey. Locadia our for both games but “minor”
- Debut for Bissouma. And Balogun.

c9a136e312c0f0ae87d101fe2bfe6148.png

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/july/hughtons-update-ahead-of-midweek-matches/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton pre Pompey/Charlton:

- Murray , presumably recovered, will be involved in “one of the games”
- Andone is “close” but not playing today
- Steele (injured), Ryan (only just back) won’t feature.
- no word on Duffy and Locadia who came off for precautionary reasons v Wimbledon.
- Debut for Bissouma.

c9a136e312c0f0ae87d101fe2bfe6148.png

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/july/hughtons-update-ahead-of-midweek-matches/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Locadia not playing today, according to argus.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Where are we:

Post Wimbledon/Charlton

Locadia (groin) - Hughton: "It's good news. He felt his groin on Saturday and you can think the worst. It's minor but he will still probably be a couple of weeks.". So probably thats the remaining pre-season friendlies he will miss although i guess Hughton trying to get him fit for Nantes.

Andone (groin) - is now due back for Nice friendly next Tuesday.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16375037.albion-striker-jurgen-locadia-sidelined-for-a-fortnight/

Other injuries - all cleared up. Duffy now back from his op...

Report in Argus this morning that Izquierdo and Jahanbaksch will also play in the Nice friendly. (but not Birmingham).
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/163...soar-past-100m-spent-on-premier-league-deals/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here