Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What does “taken out of proportion” mean? Is it the same as taken out of context? Have to say I’d like to know how if this was the case in that article.

Its a clever amalgamation of "blown out of proportion" and "taken out of context", and basically means "mmmnah, I'm not going there". Hughton is a veritable PIONEER at inventing new and abstract ways of saying absolutely bugger all in press conferences. I expect most of the assembled hacks would probably prefer to attend an advanced photocopier maintenance seminar than one of these pre-match preambles with our Chris.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
update post press conference:

Gross [ankle] - Fit /Available for Leicester. "“Pascal is a very fit lad - he's clear of the injury now and he's fit to start. He's ready to start against Leicester and that's a decision I have to make. The decision will be on the period of time he's been out. [nearly three months]"
Propper [ankle] - Fit/Available for Leicester.
Al J [ligaments] - Not training yet. Out for Leicester.
Dale Stephens [suspended] - Out for Leicester - three match ban - game 1.
Locadia [virus] - Training and recovered. "I've spoken to Jurgen. The comments [to De Telegraf] were taken out of proportion.
"That doesn't mean he doesn't want to play more...
I speak with him regularly.
"I have no problems with his views and he trains very well - he's very motivated to play here."
Button - Fit and Available.

Yep. Gross and Propper return to first 11.
Locadia on bench.
Ali J not in squad.
Steele preferred over Button.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Its a clever amalgamation of "blown out of proportion" and "taken out of context", and basically means "mmmnah, I'm not going there". Hughton is a veritable PIONEER at inventing new and abstract ways of saying absolutely bugger all in press conferences. I expect most of the assembled hacks would probably prefer to attend an advanced photocopier maintenance seminar than one of these pre-match preambles with our Chris.

THIS

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Update post Leicester..

Al J [hamstring] - Not training yet. Out for Leicester.

Murray [thigh] and
Ryan [ankle] - "took a whack...my feeling is that both will be alright [for Hudds]

Dale Stephens [suspended] -Three match ban - 2 games left (Hudds and Palace).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ali J [hamstring]
Hughton hinting he won't be available again until Chelsea (H) - on Dec 16th.
“At this moment he’s not training with the team. We’re hoping he is going to be training next week so won’t be available for the two upcoming games...
“Then really it’s about Burnley. I’m not sure whether he will have done enough so possibly will miss these three games.”
via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17266238.chris-hughton-reveals-formula-to-win-at-huddersfield/

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ali J [hamstring]
Hughton hinting he won't be available again until Chelsea (H) - on Dec 16th.
“At this moment he’s not training with the team. We’re hoping he is going to be training next week so won’t be available for the two upcoming games...
“Then really it’s about Burnley. I’m not sure whether he will have done enough so possibly will miss these three games.”
via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17266238.chris-hughton-reveals-formula-to-win-at-huddersfield/

Not surprised. These things are usually 4-6 weeks.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Palace team:

Bruno not in 18. Rested or still recovering from Hudds injury.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Pre- Burnley press conference:

Murray [Shoulder] - 'We'll assess Glenn in the [Friday]morning - today it wasn't as bad as we thought - we'll give him every opportunity to be fit.
"He went over on his shoulder but it's not dislocated or anything - it's a bit sore but better than what it could have been."

Izquierdo [Knee] - ""Jose Izquierdo is the same [as Murray] - both him and Glenn should train tomorrow (Friday) and we'll go from there."

Stephens [suspension] - 3 matches is over. Available for Burnley. ""It's good that we have Dale Stephens back this weekend - he's been a big part of what we do."

Ali J [hamstring] "Alireza Jahanbakhsh is also fine but Saturday is too early for him.
"He's trained really well this week but I see him as being available for the Chelsea game next weekend."

Duffy [Suspension] First game of three. Not available. "Leon Balogun proved on Tuesday that he's more than capable of stepping into the side."

Everyone else available.

via https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...decisions-to-be-made-on-murray-and-izquierdo/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Pre- Burnley press conference:

Murray [Shoulder] - 'We'll assess Glenn in the [Friday]morning - today it wasn't as bad as we thought - we'll give him every opportunity to be fit.
"He went over on his shoulder but it's not dislocated or anything - it's a bit sore but better than what it could have been."

Izquierdo [Knee] - ""Jose Izquierdo is the same [as Murray] - both him and Glenn should train tomorrow (Friday) and we'll go from there."

Stephens [suspension] - 3 matches is over. Available for Burnley. ""It's good that we have Dale Stephens back this weekend - he's been a big part of what we do."

Ali J [hamstring] "Alireza Jahanbakhsh is also fine but Saturday is too early for him.
"He's trained really well this week but I see him as being available for the Chelsea game next weekend."

Duffy [Suspension] First game of three. Not available. "Leon Balogun proved on Tuesday that he's more than capable of stepping into the side."

Everyone else available.

via https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...decisions-to-be-made-on-murray-and-izquierdo/

No surprises really for Burnley squad.

Murray is fit , but is relegated to bench.
Izquierdo presumably didn't pass fitness test having only returned to training on Friday and not in 18.
Ali J not in 18 as CH hinted.
Bruno is fit and back and Montoya unlucky to not make the 18.

Ben White is , as expected, promoted to senior squad whilst Duffy is suspended.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No surprises really for Burnley squad.

Murray is fit , but is relegated to bench.
Izquierdo presumably didn't pass fitness test having only returned to training on Friday and not in 18.
Ali J not in 18 as CH hinted.
Bruno is fit and back and Montoya unlucky to not make the 18.

Ben White is , as expected, promoted to senior squad whilst Duffy is suspended.

Think CH prefers Bruno to be partnering Knocky anyway.....they work well together

Delighted Andone gets a start.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Albion Twitter account has just said this about David Button
"The U23's were joined by David Button in training this morning, as he continued his return to full fitness. "
He played for the u23s for the whole 90 mins in their defeat v Leicester on Monday.
He had a knee injury last month and hasn't appeared in the senior squad since.

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1073206321447690241

The website says
"David Button continued his rehabilitation by training with Simon Rusk, Shannon Ruth and Liam Rosenior at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre today.
Having successfully completed a full 90 minutes with the U23's against Leicester City on Monday, Button joined the squad again today as he continues to work hard on his recovery, to ensure he is ready to challenge for the jersey when Maty Ryan heads off to the Asia Cup."

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The Albion Twitter account has just said this about David Button
"The U23's were joined by David Button in training this morning, as he continued his return to full fitness. "
He played for the u23s for the whole 90 mins in their defeat v Leicester on Monday.
He had a knee injury last month and hasn't appeared in the senior squad since.

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1073206321447690241

There was an article about him in The Argus yesterday (I think).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There was an article about him in The Argus yesterday (I think).
ta. here's the quote about the injury.

""[the injury] was actually in the warm-up for the Newcastle game," Button revealed.
"It was in the shooting. I just saved a shot with my foot.
"I knew I had done something but I wasn't expecting it to be anything serious.
"I had a little tear in the meniscus (cartilage) in my knee.
"So I had a small operation and it's nice to be back now.
"It was about a week until I had my operation and then four weeks recovery.
"I'm feeling good now. It was nice to be back out there. Obviously a shame about the result.
"I enjoyed my first experience with the '23s."
Button had little to do apart from a couple of routine saves.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17291093.david-button-aiming-for-premier-league-debut-with-albion/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here