Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not according to CH.

So I now see from other posts and links. I'm sure it's been regularly mentioned in the last few days that he was off for a few days with his national team - wonder where that rumour came from, or was there a late change of plan? Anyone know?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Surprised no more u23s to be included. Thought Connolly would've played

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

In past FA cup games with Hughton - u23 involvement has always been minimal.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So I now see from other posts and links. I'm sure it's been regularly mentioned in the last few days that he was off for a few days with his national team - wonder where that rumour came from, or was there a late change of plan? Anyone know?

It isn't a rumour - the Swedish FA announced on December 3 that Gyokeres was included in the original squad of 26 for the camp from January 3 to 13 - Truppen till vinterturnén

They also published an article yesterday confirming the squad were travelling today - Återbud från Olsson och Mrabti

Presumably Albion have asked permission for Gyokeres to join the camp late, after the FA Cup defeat at Bournemouth.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Boo! [emoji3525]

Just out of interest, what emoji did you post after "Boo!" ? It appears on my computer like this:-

Emoji.jpg

but I don't know what that is meant to represent. Quoting your post, the code appears as emoji3525.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He'll go out on loan.
They won't want him injured playing in a (relatively) pointless game.

Pointless or not, I have to say I'm very disappointed that Connolly, Sanders, White and Cox have already been ruled out of the matchday squad. Cox and White could have been subs and personally I would have gone with Gyokores, Connolly and Sanders starting vs Bournemouth.

Any players being considered for loan can just easily get injured in training or in their first loan game, so not much to lose IMO....

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Pointless or not, I have to say I'm very disappointed that Connolly, Sanders, White and Cox have already been ruled out of the matchday squad. Cox and White could have been subs and personally I would have gone with Gyokores, Connolly and Sanders starting vs Bournemouth.

I share your disappointment with the lack of involvement of the U-23s, but it was entirely predictable given the evidence of Hughton's 4 years in charge. I posted this on the day the draw was made:-

For all those hoping/expecting to see Hughton select some of the U-23s - you are a lot more confident in that than I am. In his four FA Cup campaigns with Albion so far, he has consistently used the FA Cup competition to rotate members of his first team squad, but hasn't given the youngsters an opportunity. It is only Rob Hunt that has been given a start, against MK Dons in January 2017, but even he had become the reserve right-back by that stage, starting all 3 of the League Cup ties and being named on the bench 12 times in the Championship (and coming on as a sub against Burton Albion). Of course, Hughton then got Tomori in on loan and that was the last we saw of Hunt.

I have to say, I'm surprised that so many NSCers were expecting to see the youngsters involved. I guess it must be taking a while for the penny to drop.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'll throw this in here, although I can't speak to its veracity:-

[TWEET]1080852788924551170[/TWEET]
I saw that earlier. It was retweeted by Naylor which I'd guess gives it some credence.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I share your disappointment with the lack of involvement of the U-23s, but it was entirely predictable given the evidence of Hughton's 4 years in charge. I posted this on the day the draw was made:-

I have to say, I'm surprised that so many NSCers were expecting to see the youngsters involved. I guess it must be taking a while for the penny to drop.

The big difference is that the quality of the U23s has improved immeasurably from the game against MK Dons...... We are playing in the top U23 league, more than holding our own in cup competitions against other senior pro's, so for me there is a strong sense of disappointment.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Aaron Connolly was injured in the u23 game v Arsenal last night. No word from club yet. Here is Connolly’s verdict.

1a47cb03b640b318f424fa57be26f07f.jpg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
What makes you think he has suffered multiple knee injuries ?

He had a serious knee injury at end 2017. He then came back in summer 2018 briefly and almost immediately was pictured in hospital saying he'd had an op for a new knee and his 2nd op in a year..
https://twitter.com/jay_molumby15/status/1027171135056687106

see also
Jayson Molumby made his first-team debut when he started against Barnet in the Carabao Cup in August. He also started in the next tie at Bournemouth. He was named as a substitute for three Premier League matches in October. The same month he scored a 16-minute hat-trick as he captained the Republic of Ireland U-19s. Having made 5 appearances for Albion U-23s, he then suffered an injury that would keep him out for the remainder of the campaign.
via http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...lbion-U-23s-in-2017-18-A-review-of-the-season

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just out of interest, what emoji did you post after "Boo!" ? It appears on my computer like this:-

View attachment 103491

but I don't know what that is meant to represent. Quoting your post, the code appears as emoji3525.

The emoji was a sad face (from an iPhone) to convey my sadness and displeasure at the thought of losing to Bournemouth in the cup.

Jimmy Grimble

Gotta feel for Molumby.

If he makes it at the top level after two major knee ops (one including gettimg a new knee!) it will be an incredible achievement.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Bernardo will miss the game - and apart from Izquierdo and Jahanbakhsh, there are no other fresh injuries."

Wonder how long Bernardo will be missing for?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here