Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Current status :

Dunk [ankle] - "We won't know until [Monday] morning, he's gone over on his ankle but Lewis is a tough individual and he's not use to missing games."

Bruno [hamstring] - out for Man U - “not as bad as we thought - might train [this week]"

Andone [groin] - out for Man U - reports he had started light training - “very close to being back” - Friday press conference

Izquierdo [knee] - out for Man U - “very close to being back” - Friday press conference

Montaya - new signing - “at a good level - available to play “ - Played v Man Utd.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Ain't it great you don't need to rush these guys back into the team because the cover we have we feel confident, they can do a good job ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
According to today’s Argus Dunk injury is not as bad as feared and he will be out for a few weeks but Andone groin niggle continues. Jose should be back in training the week after next. Bruno to resume training soon.

The injured striker jinx mantle seems to have been passed from Baldock to Andone :rolleyes:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
According to today’s Argus Dunk injury is not as bad as feared and he will be out for a few weeks but Andone groin niggle continues. Jose should be back in training the week after next. Bruno to resume training soon.

I thought Jose was already meant to be back in training...

The week after next doesn't sound good. Sounds like he's had a set back.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like one of White, Suttner or Hemed will be on the bench for Liverpool.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Current status :

Dunk [ankle] - "“At the moment it doesn’t look like [a long time out], so that’s a positive.
“It’s certainly not as bad as it might have been. How long we don’t know but we are probably talking weeks" (Tuesday August 22)

Bruno [hamstring] - Argus : "likely to resume training next week" (week beginning Aug 26)

Andone [groin] - out for Man U - "unclear" when he will resume training.

Izquierdo [knee] - "making good progress...Albion hope he will return to training week after next" (week beginning Sept 2nd)

via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16590167.chris-hughton-relieved-by-update-on-lewis-dunk/

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Current status :

Dunk [ankle] - "“At the moment it doesn’t look like [a long time out], so that’s a positive.
“It’s certainly not as bad as it might have been. How long we don’t know but we are probably talking weeks" (Tuesday August 22)

Bruno [hamstring] - Argus : "likely to resume training next week" (week beginning Aug 26)

Andone [groin] - out for Man U - "unclear" when he will resume training.

Izquierdo [knee] - "making good progress...Albion hope he will return to training week after next" (week beginning Sept 2nd)

via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16590167.chris-hughton-relieved-by-update-on-lewis-dunk/

The Andone one seems odd. Sounds like the type of injury that could go on forever.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In Chris's world "very close" means being able to stand on the touchline and watch training [propped up on crutches or with the help of two burly physios]. Basically, unless they are in a coma, they can be "very close to training with the rest of the team"!

Duffy, Locadia, Murray, have all returned from injuries this pre-season/season earlier than expected.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I guess my point is that what Chris tells the media bares no resemblance to reality (and rightly so). Our opposition should be guessing who we'll play right up to the last possible moment.

I think you'll find that the entire point of this thread is to show just how much of what Chris tells the media bears close resemblance to reality, or I might just have mistaken the OP's intentions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you'll find that the entire point of this thread is to show just how much of what Chris tells the media bears close resemblance to reality, or I might just have mistaken the OP's intentions.
That is what the thread is for, but it might just show the opposite.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That is what the thread is for, but it might just show the opposite.

The thread is really an easy place to find out the latest up to date statements on injuries by Hughton or the club or verified reporting (perhaps from social media posts).
Not sure what it shows to be honest but it certainly shows that Hughton does a lot of updates, about a lot of players, sometimes 2-3 times a week. Aside from Izquierdo where they were a bit slow off the mark explaining what was happening this season, then i'm struggling to see any obfuscation. Player gets injured. Player recovers. Hughton says they are back in training . Player plays. Rinse Repeat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here