Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Permanent site needed for "static" home.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
A friend of mine owns a "static" (yet moveable!) home in Bognor and has been told this week that the freeholder of the land on which it ( and many others) stands will not be extending the leasehold agreements as he wishes to develop the site. This guy already owns half a dozen other park sites in Sussex and seems to be looking to rid his land of these "static" homes, so there will soon be lots of these owners all looking for somewhere new to move to. My friend needs a site with power, water and sewage included, and big enough to take a 20ftx30ft home. She and her grown-up son (who has autism) and a small Yorkshire terrier will be the only occupants. Ideally the new site should be within half an hour's drive of Worthing and should be permanent or as near permanent as possible. Knowing what a diverse lot we have on NSC I thought I'd open up a channel of enquiry on here to see if anyone has any ideas or leads my friend could follow up. Any help/ suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I don't have any knowledge but Googled. Onslow caravan park Ferring, Beach park, Lancing, and Brook Lane caravan park in Worthing. The first one has a Brighton flag showing.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
5ad362302f66d_statichomescreenshot2.JPG.9d5dab1e71d6cb5772b454f919f0c639.JPG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Drove is apparently a nice place.

Lovely residents too.

I guess its OK to allude, but not to start a thread, right?

(I did snigger. My bad?)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have to say the chances of finding somewhere for a used van are very slim. Most site owners insist on new vans only when they have a pitch available as they get a healthy commission (c.15%) on every static sited and a new one costs around £50k+ these days

oxymoron

NSC Patreon
Feb 25, 2011
The crux of the matter would be if the site they are being asked to move from was a residential site covered by tenancy regulations, or a holiday site they were living on without the protection of a written agreement. If it was the latter they will have to go when served their notice and unfortunately the local council have no responsibility to rehouse them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There are a few places around Angmering that have permanent static homes in adjacent fields.
Obviously that may well mean sewerage is a problem.

Many are up Dappers Lane.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here