Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] This wretched heat

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's hot tonight isn't it. Really stopping me from settling down. Is this weather due to break soon?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just enjoy it ffs. Soon be cold dark and miserable.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I wish the weather would break here as well, it won't stop proxy raining !
I got laid off a week or so ago and started doing the handyman thing again.
I managed to get a couple of weeks work secured, but have to work outside on these jobs and so far have only managed to get out theirs 2 days over the last week, it's doing my head in, 'king raining all the time.
Never thought this would be a problem here !

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, it's summertime it's meant to be hot.

I should explain. Normally I love the heat, especially in daytime but I'm working nights and trying to sleep in the day is torturous and then at night at work it's just so damned hot I cannot settle down and can't run the aircon as it wakes people up.
So yes, on my days off I love the heat. Shorts on, strolling about and I live on the beach so I can just step outside and have a swim but it's murder working nights in it and trying to sleep in the day.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I love how people struggle with the idea of disliking this heat.

I’m simply not made for it. I’m a naturally warm person so in heat like this I just feel like a ball of sweat all the time, which just isn’t pleasant. I also have to work outside in it, which is just horrible at times.

It’s fine if you can lay on a beach all day and read a book. But much more than that and it’s just not for me.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Best summer - first proper summer, even - since 2006.

After the grey rainy wash-outs, and 'Spring has gone straight into Autumn', summers of the last decade or so, I'm loving this.

As for it being too hot to sleep, simply buy a decent-sized fan for the bedroom - the gentle hum of the fan will also block out the sound of the local gulls (I was visiting Brighton last month - Jeez, those noisy ******s never stop screeching).

Temporary break-down due today and tomorrow, with temperatures back to normal, and a fresher feel, but then turning warm again for the rest of the month.

Let's enjoy it while it lasts - we'll be moaning about dark evenings, the bitter cold, and snow, in a few months' time.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Some of you lot should have been around in 1976. We had a three month heatwave ( June/July/Aug ) Barely a drop of rain for three months. Hosepipe bans everywhere. Playing cricket was unbearable. You came off the field dripping wet with sweat. Dust bowls everywhere. Google England v W Indies, final Test at the Oval. The outfield has no grass on it.
The weather broke at the end of August/beginning of Sep. Then it rained, almost continually for a month!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Some of you lot should have been around in 1976. We had a three month heatwave ( June/July/Aug ) Barely a drop of rain for three months. Hosepipe bans everywhere. Playing cricket was unbearable. You came off the field dripping wet with sweat. Dust bowls everywhere. Google England v W Indies, final Test at the Oval. The outfield has no grass on it.
The weather broke at the end of August/beginning of Sep. Then it rained, almost continually for a month!

Now that was hot.Not like now.You can easily buy a fan nowadays anywhere to take the edge off.
Do you remember the ladybird plague:moo:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Manual work outside in this weather is tough. But that’s not happening for two weeks as off to Italy.......... now that’ll be hot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only it was 'global cooling'. :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here