Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Whats the most BORING thing you have ever bought online ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Ah forget this, I can tell you have the stamina for this to go all the way to No 9 and I have only just thought to myself, heck this fella could already have a bag or packet of numbers for his bin and is just missing one number, it could go on a while.....

So I will leave it here....

Damn I gave up before I knew.....

Holy hell Christmas poos

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Ah. Now then, I could choose to ignore this request for an explanation, or lie, or tell the truth and thus reveal something about my psyche. To hell with it, it's option 3.

It's because there was a perfect storm of two things:

1) I really don't like running out of things. Take teabags. I buy in massive bulk (Yorkshire teabags for hard water, thanks for asking) and then keep about 20 in my little caddy near the mugs, about 200 in a bag in the back of the pantry, and about 2000 in the bag they came in in the loft (think eaves cupboard rather than a space you need a ladder to get too). Similarly with toothpaste - I keep the one I'm using on the basin, two in the bathroom cabinet, and the rest in the loft.

2) I'm a sucker for massive bargains - especially for things that are non-perishable (or close to it). The offer was a combination of a buy 2, get three; AND a BOGOF rolled into one. Only instead of single tubes it was for packs of 10. So - I bought two boxes of 10 tubes, and got six boxes of 10.

Glad you asked? It's ok, my partner thinks I'm mad too.

No, you aren’t mad. Or, if you are, then so am I.

Out of interest, are you always early? Can’t bear to be late?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I bought a plastic skirt you put inside a lamp shade so it doesn’t slip over the bulb. Two for 99p.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No, you aren’t mad. Or, if you are, then so am I.

Out of interest, are you always early? Can’t bear to be late?

Hate being late, yes. A major cause of my divorce (from my side), my ex was habitually late for everything - we lost several friends through it, and it caused endless rows between us.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Hate being late, yes. A major cause of my divorce (from my side), my ex was habitually late for everything - we lost several friends through it, and it caused endless rows between us.

So, having stocks of everything from teabags to toilet rolls (dysentery could break out and we’d be fine for months!) together with an aversion to being late makes us what exactly?

Do you also have to check the door is locked several times before leaving the house?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So, having stocks of everything from teabags to toilet rolls (dysentery could break out and we’d be fine for months!) together with an aversion to being late makes us what exactly?

Do you also have to check the door is locked several times before leaving the house?

Prepared and polite? :wink:

No, I don't have to check several times that I've locked the door.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Undoubtedly THIS...

61OTD2-lPmL.jpg

Never made it past page 30. Horrible sub-sixth-form sloganeering from someone old enough to know better. Despite being a Brewdog shareholder and a big fan of (some of) their beers, the author and co-founder of the company comes across as a Grade A dick. Albeit a very rich one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An update on the new cutlery tray:

"An absolute triumph" - The Guardian.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Oi! I'm never late and hate it when some people can't ever be on time, but don't lump me in with you 60 tubes of toothpaste buying mentalists. [emoji23]

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
A replacement rubber grommet for the end of the arm on the parcel shelf for my car.

A generic diffuser for a Bosch heat gun that doesn't quite fight right.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here