Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Isaac Hayden

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Isn't needed now.

Might end up at his 19th choice of club ...... Palace.
Leave it until right near the end of the window. If no offers have been made for him then put in a sneaky 5 million bid.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still wants OUT of Newcastle.

Not impossible that he is still on our radar for January.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well no, but surely that doesn't mean you bloat the squad further with another player we don't need that would struggle to get any game time...?

Well quite. We currently have Dale Stephens and Davy Propper occupying the two central midfield positions, with Yves Bissouma and Beram Kayal, (hopefully), fighting to replace them.

We really don't need him. If it were to be a marquee signing, someone who was going to vbe noticeably better, then maybe, but Isaac Hayden just isn't that player.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well no, but surely that doesn't mean you bloat the squad further with another player we don't need that would struggle to get any game time...?
My suggestion is to rebalance the squad by reducing the number of fullbacks and increasing the number of central midfielders.

With the midfield 'V' we have :

Pröpper----------Groß ( Bissouma, Kayal )
--------Stephens-------- ( New recruit )

Meant to add : Mathias Normann could move to the squad to be the 'New recruit'.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My suggestion is to rebalance the squad by reducing the number of fullbacks and increasing the number of central midfielders.

It's a perfectly logical suggestion too. What I'd like to see, however, is an upgrade on Stephens and that's unlikely to happen this window. I'm not convinced Hayden constitutes an upgrade, although he's a decent player.

Edit: we're now in such a position of strength that squad changes are about improvement, and that means targeting quality over quantity.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

The logic is fair enough, until you get to the stage where you think there's any point in bringing in Hayden to be a back up to Stephens. We currently have plenty of central midfield options - if we're going to invest, why not wait until the summer and look to upgrade Stephens rather than looking to pay big wages to a back up?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

With the likes of Normann and Sanders in our U23 Team (third in a league including most of the 'big 6'), isn't it sensible to buy NOBODY who isn't in serious contention for a first team place? Anyone just seen a first team squad member will block the progression of this type of player. Even in the unlikely event of 3 of our CMs being injured, I'd rather one of the aforementioned was involved than some half-rate journeyman.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
He wants to leave Newcastle to be nearer his kid who lives in South Wales,

"The 23-year-old handed in a transfer request during the summer in a bid to move closer to his daughter and her mother, who are understood to live in South Wales."

I can't see coming here making that commute any easier than the one he currently has.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We are missing one player in the squad which Nick Powell was lined up for in the summer and Izzy Brown was lined up to do last season.
Locadia has stepped up to it (but in a 4-3-3) in the last month and Hughton has toyed with playing Kayal and Propper further forward. And March filled in when Gross was injured.
And there's (hopefully) more to come from Jose/Al J in the 2nd half of the season.
We have a flexible squad and Hughton has moved away from 4-4-1-1 but there's no like for like #10 type player replacement for Gross.
Thats where (i assume) they're looking.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

"The 23-year-old handed in a transfer request during the summer in a bid to move closer to his daughter and her mother, who are understood to live in South Wales."

I can't see coming here making that commute any easier than the one he currently has.

A phone call to Neil Warnock perhaps?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Hayden to Cardiff it is then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was impressed with his performance for Newcastle against us at The Amex. so on that basis I would say he would be an improvement on Kayal as a squad player.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was impressed with his performance for Newcastle against us at The Amex. so on that basis I would say he would be an improvement on Kayal as a squad player.

You really don't miss any opportunity to put the boot into Kayal, do you?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You really don't miss any opportunity to put the boot into Kayal, do you?

Not putting the boot in at all but to get better we need to improve both our squad and 1st team and I dont think that he would replace Propper or Stephens but would improve the back up to them along with Bissouma .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here