Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we'd had the luck Brighton had with injuries and Roy in charge for the whole season, we might well have finished above Burnley. Bit pointless discussing it now though.

FFS, every club has injuries. The way your lot bang on and on about it, you'd think CPFC2010 were the only team in the PL who had players out. And frankly, having had the benefit of 5 years and 10 transfer windows wallowing around on the biggest gravytrain in the world, you'd have thought a more balanced squad that DOESN'T rely on one flaky player would've been recruited. Guess not.

Oh, and Roy was in charge for 34 out of 38 games. Thats not the whole season, but bloody hell, its 90% of it.

Any more straws ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Zaha is still wanting a move, and talks with Palace have been ‘shelved’.

Looks like he’s going, Spurs, Everton ,or Dortmund.

Don’t be silly. All the CP2010FC fans have reiterated on this thread that he’s going nowhere. As has Roy & that clown in charge. They’d all look very very very silly if he went and they wouldn’t have risked that without knowing 100% he’s staying.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I had the misfortune of sitting next to the lovely palace chairman at a restaurant last month. The guy has the most grating annoying voice going so could hear everything he was saying. He didn't seem to care who heard him either.

I haven't read the standard article but Zaha hasn't just decided he wants to leave he told them at the end of the season. And it was a good month ago that levy was offering sissoko plus 30-35m...... Which by the way would be hilarious if it happened. Not surprisingly they didn't seem to keen on that deal but they may have no choice in the end.

Zaha seems hell-bent on leaving.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's not a hope in hell of Everton signing him. They simply can't afford him. If Everton spend £60m+ on a player and then pay him >£120k per week then football is well and truly dead. Wilf will believe himself ready for Champions League football and likely won't bother signing for Everton who are likely to finish in a similar position to us anyway.

Dortmund or Spurs are possibilties but Levy isn't going to like the asking price, and Dortmund don't have PL money to splash around.

Football was dead the second your 8 year old club, who started out in the 2nd division of English football, ripped off anyone they owed money to (incl st Johns Ambulance) and signed a player for £30mil and paid various players over 100k a week.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think that's what's happening. I think that Zaha has been a wonderful servant to our club. If he has decided that he wants to move to a Champions League side then it's a sad day for Palace fans but we'll thank him for everything he has done and do our best to replace him with the £60-70m we'll get.

We finished 11th despite the worst injury crisis in living memory and an appalling managerial appointment.

If we'd had the luck Brighton had with injuries and Roy in charge for the whole season, we might well have finished above Burnley. Bit pointless discussing it now though.

We’re towing the champions lg line then - seems to be what you’re all clinging to. As for him being a loyal servant - are you forgetting he moved away before for Man Utd?

The injury bit did make me chuckle - great delusional work :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll keep re-reading these two lines of utter shite when Wilf does finally leave, in that hope that I might begin to share your delusion and thus stem the flow of tears.

Cool. :thumbsup:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
[tweet]1020258264691421184[/tweet]

They've now resorted to tweeting about transfers from a year ago. Safe to say the NigeLLLLLLs are very disgruntled in the replies. Could never be our club....

Jairo?
Isn't that what half their fans collect each week?

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Is the 60-70 million after his last club have had their cut?

How much is Pascal Gross worth then as he had better scoring and Creative stats than Wilf? Sorry to be controversial but i don’t think he has the right mind set to go any higher and think he (or agent) are just playing games to get a pay rise, as he loves being a big fish in a small pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
CPFC2010. The club that keeps on giving...

......giving us a bloody good laugh.

Praise the Lord for the Jestermen and their poor deluded followers, for their trials and tribulations bring us such great joy.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Lack of injuries isn't just down to luck you know. Things like good training facilities, good back-up, good bootroom set up, physios, good management all play a huge role.

Maybe if you invested in this sort of thing rather than just spending on players you might also 'have some luck'?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
FFS, every club has injuries. The way your lot bang on and on about it, you'd think CPFC2010 were the only team in the PL who had players out. And frankly, having had the benefit of 5 years and 10 transfer windows wallowing around on the biggest gravytrain in the world, you'd have thought a more balanced squad that DOESN'T rely on one flaky player would've been recruited. Guess not.

Oh, and Roy was in charge for 34 out of 38 games. Thats not the whole season, but bloody hell, its 90% of it.

Any more straws ?

The majority of MUSCULAR injuries these days are down to archaic training methods and lack of rest time. I would put the ball firmly in Hodgson's court for that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

They recruited a manager who was totally unsuitable for the task and they were shit house under him. It's not their fault.

Some players got injured but, despite having been in the Premier League for a few seasons (and they've been banging on about on here for ages), their squad wasn't able to cope. It's not their fault.

I imagine Sussex Police were probably at fault for both of these in some way or another.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Lack of injuries isn't just down to luck you know. Things like good training facilities, good back-up, good bootroom set up, physios, good management all play a huge role.

Maybe if you invested in this sort of thing rather than just spending on players you might also 'have some luck'?

With muscular injuries you're absolutely right. Most of the injuries we suffered, however, were due to players being on the receiving end of dangerous tackles. Not much Roy can do about that.

They recruited a manager who was totally unsuitable for the task and they were shit house under him. It's not their fault.

Some players got injured but, despite having been in the Premier League for a few seasons (and they've been banging on about on here for ages), their squad wasn't able to cope. It's not their fault.

I imagine Sussex Police were probably at fault for both of these in some way or another.

"Some players got injured" is a rather understated way of putting it. At one stage we had 12 of our 25 man squad injured, any of whom would have been starting games under the circumstances. How on earth is a midtable Premier League side meant to deal with that?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I for one am loving the passive aggressive posts from the one Palace goon who is still posting on this thread.

Desperately trying to say that everything is ok while his little world crumbles around him.

We now even have some whatiffery about how they really should have qualified for Europe last season (they didn't, by miles, but it wasn't their fault).

It's pure comedy!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I for one am loving the passive aggressive posts from the one Palace goon who is still posting on this thread.

Desperately trying to say that everything is ok while his little world crumbles around him.

We now even have some whatiffery about how they really should have qualified for Europe last season (they didn't, by miles, but it wasn't their fault).

It's pure comedy!

Of course it's going to be OK. It'll be a terrible shame if Wilf does leave, but Palace will still be in the Premier League next season and we're still likely to be in it the year after that.

If you disagree, you can still put money on Palace to get relegated at 7/1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here