Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Isn't this essentially the financial tactics that Parish employed in the championship. Overspend for a couple of years and then sell if they don't get promoted. It was probably the thing that pissed me off most about Poyet losing it in the play off second leg...if we had won they would have been ****ed. Instead we let them not only get promoted at our expense we let them off the financial hook and allowed them to get their grubby mitts on all the premier league money.

Luckily five years down the line they've done the square root of **** all with it and are in the ridiculous position of having no money despite having received over half a billion these last five seasons.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Surely it'd be better for them to take the £30-40 million and spend that on improving elsewhere?

Zaha is a good player but he is being held back playing at Palace, being in his comfort zone as the big fish. He is just coming into his prime and will surely want to be playing Europa League at least next season. Who knows when the toys will come out the pram if they cling onto him and they end up in another relegation scrap.

It looks like they're skint and I'd be seriously worried about the strength of that side if I were a Palace fan.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Surely it'd be better for them to take the £30-40 million and spend that on improving elsewhere?

Zaha is a good player but he is being held back playing at Palace, being in his comfort zone as the big fish. He is just coming into his prime and will surely want to be playing Europa League at least next season. Who knows when the toys will come out the pram if they cling onto him and they end up in another relegation scrap.

It looks like they're skint and I'd be seriously worried about the strength of that side if I were a Palace fan.

Very poor attempt. 3/10.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
ZAHAHAHATUMBLE.png

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Real Madrid having lost Ronaldo would be an obvious destination for the fastest ever footballer. I guess they are not being linked because the other super stars there couldn't handle playing alongside such a god.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Slightly cheeky with the fee, but rest of the points were valid as far as I can see.

Connor Wickham is still going to come good though, right? So nothing for you to worry about next season regardless.

I don't think we need to be worried about the strength of our squad. We need to replace those who have left (Cabaye, RLC, Sako) but there's still a lot of quality in there. The likes of Milivojevic, van Aanholt, Guaita, Sakho, etc. are all excellent players and would start for pretty much every side outside the top 6. Zaha might be sold this summer but if he is then I'm sure we'll still stay up. We seem to manage it every season, no matter how scary things get.

Wickham's a decent player and was looking really good before he ruptured his ACL. Who knows how he'll be when he returns.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I don't think we need to be worried about the strength of our squad. We need to replace those who have left (Cabaye, RLC, Sako) but there's still a lot of quality in there. The likes of Milivojevic, van Aanholt, Guaita, Sakho, etc. are all excellent players and would start for pretty much every side outside the top 6. Zaha might be sold this summer but if he is then I'm sure we'll still stay up. We seem to manage it every season, no matter how scary things get.

Wickham's a decent player and was looking really good before he ruptured his ACL. Who knows how he'll be when he returns.

I keep hearing that Guaita is class but how many games has he played for you?

It was the same reaction when Mandanda signed and how did that turn out?

How are you going to afford to replace Cabayes' quality? Him and Milivojevic, mainly him, broke up play nicely to start the counter and now you don't have that and rumours being RLC won't be returning to you in any format. About time Joniesta stepped up init?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I keep hearing that Guaita is class but how many games has he played for you?

It was the same reaction when Mandanda signed and how did that turn out?

How are you going to afford to replace Cabayes' quality? Him and Milivojevic, mainly him, broke up play nicely to start the counter and now you don't have that and rumours being RLC won't be returning to you in any format. About time Joniesta stepped up init?

RLC not returning in any format ? We’ll see :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Crystal Palace are set to launch an audacious bid to sign free agent midfielder Yaya Touré. (Source: Sun Sport)

I wonder how much he’ll be on a week?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Salako taking a spifeful battering on BBS forum, for suggesting in the papers that Zaha should now move on to a big club.

The loyalty.

I know what you mean. I feel sorry for Zaha being trapped and only earning 100k+ per week. It's like modern day slavery.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Salako taking a spifeful battering on BBS forum, for suggesting in the papers that Zaha should now move on to a big club.

The loyalty.

the reality

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have heard if he goes Tottenham they are going to provide a team to lift him out of bed, that could be the deal clincher.
Will they be working match days for when he tumbles over?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here