Brighton
Wilf Zaha, Zaha
Kisses the badge on the chest
Hands in a transfer request
Wilf Zaha, Zaha

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Think he'd be a great fit at Chelsea under Sarri. He's got a bit of a knack for taking pacy, skillful wingers and turning them into world beaters (Mertens, Insigne, Callejon). I wouldn't be surprised if he converted him into a striker a la Mertens.

More importantly, it'd leave Palace with an almost impossible task of finding a replacement. As my only Palace supporting pal said to me after the away game last season, "you lot must be wishing for the day he moves on." Everything crossed this goes through.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Depends what happens with Willian/Hazard I guess. Obviously he is nowhere near their level of quality, but they will need bodies in if those 2 go.

expensive placeholder. you'd hope they'd recognise talent in their development squad.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is that "the north" as in Tottenham?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
£170k per week TOTAL cost to Palace, over his contract (including signing on fee, agent's fee, relocation expenses, luncheon vouchers, etc). His wages will officially be £100-£120k per week. If they admit to any higher, then Zaha, Benteke etc will get the hump.

I think you'll find they are already comfortably top of that.

Yes they are!

Premier League 2017 Wage to Income %.JPG

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Think he'd be a great fit at Chelsea under Sarri. He's got a bit of a knack for taking pacy, skillful wingers and turning them into world beaters (Mertens, Insigne, Callejon). I wouldn't be surprised if he converted him into a striker a la Mertens.

More importantly, it'd leave Palace with an almost impossible task of finding a replacement. As my only Palace supporting pal said to me after the away game last season, "you lot must be wishing for the day he moves on." Everything crossed this goes through.

If Sarri can get him to stop cheating then he'll improve him massively. Might be good for Zaha to not have a bunch of myopic fans who can see him do no wrong. He may try to stay on his feet a bit more.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course, nothing to stop him being hilariously bad again a la his time at United and to come back with tail between legs for a third stint at Palace.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This will be final nail in Chelsea's coffin as Roman Abramovich's parting gift to Chelsea as he looks to initiate internal collapse at Chelsea as he sells the club and cuts all ties with Britain.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
If Sarri can get him to stop cheating then he'll improve him massively. Might be good for Zaha to not have a bunch of myopic fans who can see him do no wrong. He may try to stay on his feet a bit more.

I don't think it would be accepted at a big club like Chelsea. For me, it is understandable (not condoning it) when you're playing for a team in the bottom half of the prem, every decision can matter, and if Haha gets a third of the dubious fouls given for him, that could make all the difference between staying up and going down. At Chelsea/Spurs however, it is seen as a pointless exercise as you're in a team good enough to beat 3/4 of the division without gamesmanship.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Now, taking off my Albion hat for a minute... I think he's absolutely terrifying when fired up and in form. Anyone who can carry a team like he did deserves credit. He's stopped the diving, got stronger, faster, grew up a bit and still has his pace and the ability to win games. I really think he should move on to bigger/better things.

But I can understand Palace trying to hold on to him for dear life. He seemed to be the glue that held that team and even their support together. They suffered terribly with injuries last year but the difference in that team with him playing is night and day. Absolute game changer for them.

It would be a real shame if he left, they had a few bad results, the fans turned on the team and the manager again (slit throat gestures, anyone?), their latest big name, well-paid newcomer flopped and they sank like a stone, wouldn't it.

(Ok, I put my Albion hat back on just before that last paragraph)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It will be hilarious if they do lose him now having gloated about signing Meyer. The Lord giveth (ridiculously expensively) and the Lord taketh away (hopefully) :smile:

Another bonus if he leaves is that all the Palace trolls will disappear into the ether and NSC will be Palace free for a while :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another bonus if he leaves is that all the Palace trolls will disappear into the ether and NSC will be Palace free for a while :thumbsup:

No chance.

The narrative will move on from "He's not going anywhere, he's bought into what we are doing here" to "We absolutely rinsed Chelsea - we couldn't say no to a zillion pounds that allows us to replace Wilf with 5 more Wilfs."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No chance.

The narrative will move on from "He's not going anywhere, he's bought into what we are doing here" to "We absolutely rinsed Chelsea - we couldn't say no to a zillion pounds that allows us to replace Wilf with 5 more Wilfs."

Indeed. The hardest part for them will be deciding which new world-beater-in-waiting to promote from their famous academy first.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No chance.

Scary isn't it. The damage Palace can do with £30m+ to spend on a player is legendary. #BarndoorBenteke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here