Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Regrettably we don’t have a player either about whom we can say, all the time they are with us and fit we won’t be relegated.

While on the other hand they have now signed Ayew, who seems to have been relegated with every club he has played for. Something has to give ...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Regrettably we don’t have a player either about whom we can say, all the time they are with us and fit we won’t be relegated.
They are relying on one player. If one of our players is in injured, we have cover of similar quality.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Wilf can get back to work now in...

.... someone's back garden?

DkLh_PtWwAInV5N.jpg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
While on the other hand they have now signed Ayew, who seems to have been relegated with every club he has played for. Something has to give ...

At least they’ve signed someone to help share the responsibility of (not) scoring goals with Benteke.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Quite true - and . . .
Although they have a decent team, they have proven that they cannot score or win without him. They have brought in Ayew, to help and a German that could disrupt the team or not fit in.
We on the other hand have proven that we can score, albeit not a lot away from home, and win with whomever is in the team. And now we have bolstered our squad with signings that potentially could make us a better team. If none of our new signings fit in, we still have last years team.

I am quite happy with our chances and believe that if we have an injury to a couple of players we will have adequate replacements in all positions.

Who will replace Zahahaha if he gets injured?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Although they have a decent team, they have proven that they cannot score or win without him. They have brought in Ayew, to help and a German that could disrupt the team or not fit in.
We on the other hand have proven that we can score, albeit not a lot away from home, and win with whomever is in the team. And now we have bolstered our squad with signings that potentially could make us a better team. If none of our new signings fit in, we still have Larry years team.

I am quite happy with our chances and believe that if we have an injury to a couple of players we will have adequate replacements in all positions.

Who will replace Zahahaha if he gets injured?

I have no argument with any of that - I was responding to a post that was saying how good it is that we don’t have a player who if they left would mean we would be relegated - I was simply pointing out that we don’t have a player either, that so long as they stay with us would assure we weren’t relegated. Something which in the case of Zaha seems to be accepted by both many of ours and Palace’s fans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here