Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is Selhurst’s favourite son about to ruin Palace’s pre-season by throwing a strop? It would be more than funny to see Mr Tumble sulking on Palace’s bench come the first few game of the season!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
BBS:

Christ.
I can't even decide if they're joking.

**** me they are mental. They can't help but be a laughing stock. It's innate with them, whatever the situation they'll find a way to make the football world laugh their arse off at them. Whether it be groupon, 8 fans at their meet the player shindig, the youtube wannabe ultras, two admins, a succession of ridiculous spiv owners, five years aboard the gravy train and no money to spend, five years on the gravy train and only cladding as ground improvements for the worst stadium in the top two divisions, hiring a manager to completely change the footballing philosophy only to not back him in the transfer market and then sack him after four days, having a dancing prick of a manager, sacking their manager every single season, not being able to spell their name properly, burning their own town down, those ridiculous card 'displays', the light shows, the goal music, the call and response, the shitest kits in England season after season or their unfathomably high opinion of themsleves and every and any player that comes out of their now squalid little academy.

Messi is moving back in midfield so Barca will buy Zaha as his attacking replacement?! ****ing hell.*

*If that quoted post was in fact a 'joke'...who cares? The rest is true!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
**** me they are mental. They can't help but be a laughing stock. It's innate with them, whatever the situation they'll find a way to make the football world laugh their arse off at them. Whether it be groupon, 8 fans at their meet the player shindig, the youtube wannabe ultras, two admins, a succession of ridiculous spiv owners, five years aboard the gravy train and no money to spend, five years on the gravy train and only cladding as ground improvements for the worst stadium in the top two divisions, hiring a manager to completely change the footballing philosophy only to not back him in the transfer market and then sack him after four days, having a dancing prick of a manager, sacking their manager every single season, not being able to spell their name properly, burning their own town down, those ridiculous card 'displays', the light shows, the goal music, the call and response, the shitest kits in England season after season or their unfathomably high opinion of themsleves and every and any player that comes out of their now squalid little academy.

Yes, yes, but other than that they're OK, right?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Media today saying that Spurs are out of the running because they're not willing to meet Palace's £70m valuation :)

that will leave dibley unhappy as it ruins his dream move.

D6267C4E-05FD-4934-8997-43346194C855.jpeg

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Media today saying that Spurs are out of the running because they're not willing to meet Palace's £70m valuation :)

So if no one comes in for him you’ll have a bitter player who has fallen out of love with his club on your books. His value will fall because his form will most likely be affected which won’t bode well for the January transfer window. Situation not helped by the fact that he almost singly handedly kept you up which he obviously doesn’t feel he is being suitably compensated for. TBH, he’s taking the piss with his wage demands but that’s what happens when you throw money around.

You can’t blame spurs as at present he is a one club player after very poor performances for Man U and Cardiff.

He could so go from being your saviour to your doom.

What’s not to like!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Messi is moving back in midfield so Barca will buy Zaha as his attacking replacement?! ****ing hell.*

*If that quoted post was in fact a 'joke'...who cares? The rest is true!

No joke. Its right there on the Zaha thread where they're all pissing their knickers about losing him.

They're also advocating having a massive transfer splurge this summer IN LIEU of selling him a year down the line, effectively borrowing in advance against his "£80m" valuation :lolol:

You couldn't make it up. Honestly, that board is hilarious.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No joke. Its right there on the Zaha thread where they're all pissing their knickers about losing him.

They're also advocating having a massive transfer splurge this summer IN LIEU of selling him a year down the line, effectively borrowing in advance against his "£80m" valuation [emoji38]ol:

You couldn't make it up. Honestly, that board is hilarious.
That's genius. The logic being that in a year's time Real, Barca and PSG will be in a bidding war for Dwayne, bumping up his price to £80m. So in the mean time they might as well spend £80m that they don't have on 2 and 2/3 Bentekes plus associated wages that they can't afford?

I wish they would but even Disney isn't that shit with money.

Where are they suggesting that the money comes from before they get the £80m btw? Or will they just borrow it out of the "ringfenced" £100m that nobody seems to be able to find? [emoji23]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bloody hell. Deluded even by their standards. Messi replacement. Ok mate. :jester::jester:

With Messi on his way down and Mr Tumble's star still ascending, I'd have thought a straight swap would be the most likely outcome, although Barca may need to top the deal up with some cash.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I know not about mr tumble but loved this deluded caravaner:

Talking about Phil Foden loan to them

“Think Pep and City could well trust Roy to help develop him.”

Amazing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Parish, Bright and Hodgson are valuing Zaha at a level that means no one will buy him. Very intentional, making him a (well paid) captive. Knowing full well that they have a crap, relegation bound, squad without him.

When players want to leave for a chance of big trophies and huge wages (e.g. Suarez, Lukaku, Coutinho, Walker, Stones), my personal view is that they should be allowed to leave. A career is too short.

Pathetically desparate by Hodgson and co. Shows a complete lack of faith in their recruiting and team spirit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here