Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This could happen quite quickly (if it's not bs). Palace will want time to buy replacements and the transfer window closes in three weeks.
Have to be a cheap replacement after they've paid Man U their cut and used another chunk to reduce their losses. [emoji23]

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
"But Palace chairman Steve Parish has been left stunned after Zaha indicated he wants to quit Selhurst Park."

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

That is a true ROFL moment...:rotlf::ffsparr:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be honest, I'd rather a deal with a big club just fell through, so he stayed (thoroughly demotivated), they then got relegated so that he is sold off next season for about £5m just to get him off the wage bill.

Wouldn't that be lovely?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We all know what will happen, he'll go from being the big fish in the Palace pool, to being a little fish in a Champions League pool. He'll flounder, be loaned out to Derby before Palace buy him back again. Of course his failure at another big club will be nothing to do with Haha himself not being good enough, no it will be the fault of the manager, the other players not passing to him etc etc etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't really blame Mr Toppelopogus for wanting to move on, he must be so utterly sick to death of carrying that team year in, year out. Why would he want to slog through yet another relegation battle, playing in a dilapidated slum, in front of a bunch of braying goons, dressed up in a jesters outfit ?

He should be pulling out all the stops to engineer a move to Spurs. A club on the up, with a quality team, Champions League football, a great manager, and an incredible new stadium. The new pitch there could probably do with some rolling as well. Perfect move for all involved.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's been said / alluded to already but honestly the funniest part of this delicious little saga is that their golden boy has clocked just how shit it is at the wrong end of the M23 and wants out as quick as possible.

It's like when you wake up next to a woman once the beer goggles have worn off.
The little mole on her cheek you thought was adorable is now a hairy wart and her voice is like nails scraping against a blackboard which is also covered in nails.
She wants to cook you breakfast but you've already f**ked off out the window and are shimmying down the drain pipe.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can't really blame Mr Toppelopogus for wanting to move on, he must be so utterly sick to death of carrying that team year in, year out. Why would he want to slog through yet another relegation battle, playing in a dilapidated slum, in front of a bunch of braying goons, dressed up in a jesters outfit ?

He should be pulling out all the stops to engineer a move to Spurs. A club on the up, with a quality team, Champions League football, a great manager, and an incredible new stadium. The new pitch there could probably do with some rolling as well. Perfect move for all involved.

I don't know if Spurs would pay the exorbitant amout of money Palace would demand, and I can't see him starting ahead of Eriksen, Alli or Son (particulary Son, who has just signed a new 5-year deal).

I fancy he'd get more game time at Chelsea, provided Willian does actually leave. However, I hope he joins Arsenal as I loathe them so he'd fit the bill perfectly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't know if Spurs would pay the exorbitant amout of money Palace would demand, and I can't see him starting ahead of Eriksen, Alli or Son.

I fancy he'd get more game time at Chelsea, provided Willian does actually leave. However, I hope he joins Arsenal as I loathe them so he'd fit the bill perfectly.

Spurs are apparently trying to bin off Sissoko - an overrated, overpaid misfit wastrel mercenary. Sounds like a perfect fit for CPFC2010 if you ask me, and could be a makeweight in the deal

Willy is more of an out-and-out wide player than Alli, Son and Eriksson so I can see him getting gametime there. At least its competition for places. Frankly though, I couldn't give a stuff where he ends up. Just having the Selhurst goonsquad on suicide watch would be enough for me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Christ, imagine watching Willian - one of the most gifted players in the top division - walk out, only to see him replaced with Dwayne Dibbly.

It would piss off Chelsea fans almost as much as the NigeIs. God PLEASE make it happen. :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last minute deal please, with no player exchange, to break Palace hearts a few days before kick off. No time to get anyone but a desperate late throw of the dice panic buy of a player nobody else wanted would be perfect.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Last minute deal please, with no player exchange, to break Palace hearts a few days before kick off. No time to get anyone but a desperate late throw of the dice panic buy of a player nobody else wanted would be perfect.

Skalak ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You must really hate him, he didn’t do that badly for us :smile:

And he’d almost certainly turn them down too.

I don't hate him at all. Its impossible to hate a man who celebrates promotion balanced barefoot on some white plastic patio furniture, wrapped in a BHA flag, wearing a headscarf and waving some BHA bunting around.

Sadly I think we all realise he's not PL standard though. Which shouldn't rule him out at Selhurst, but he's not really what we want here any more.

But we'll always have QPR. Best goal ever scored at the Amex.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
[tweet]1020258264691421184[/tweet]

They've now resorted to tweeting about transfers from a year ago. Safe to say the NigeLLLLLLs are very disgruntled in the replies. Could never be our club....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here