Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Scraped being the operative word. 5 whole seasons guzzling on the teets of the Premier League cash cow and you're left with a 1 man team, a ground that would be an embarrassment in League 2, an inadequately funded failing academy, and no money left.

Not that having no money ever stops you. We've been here before, and all know who ultimately ends up picking up the tab, don't we.

A "failing academy" that produced £60m+ Wilfried Zaha and the highly impressive Wan-Bissaka who looks to have cemented his place in the first team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Those five seasons have been utterly mental, and great fun too. Benteke was signed for an initial £27m (not £35m) and scored 15 PL goals in his first season; nobody was complaining about the fee then!

Yes, I remember when you signed him. It was while there was still a petition running that Palace fans had started, asking for him to be banned from football for cheating, wasn't it?

Last edited:

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
What about his wages? Eye watering.. 2 goals... jeez

Benteke's first season was superb, his second season... less so. 3 goals and 5 assists is dissapointing for a player of his quality and we'll expect better in future. Overall though I think it's very unfair to argue that he has been a poor signing.

Yes, I remember when you signed him. It was while there was still a petition running that Place fans had started, asking for him to be banned from football for cheating, wasn't it?

A petition started by the sort of nonce that exists at every club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yeah weve scraped by for 5 seasons now . Maybe Prince Charming knows what he's doing .

Ah, and there was the rest of the world thinking you'd had managerial **** up after managerial **** up.

Who knew that despite the utter shambles it has appeared to have been, it was by design. He's a genius, for sure.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Benteke's first season was superb, his second season... less so. 3 goals and 5 assists is dissapointing for a player of his quality and we'll expect better in future. Overall though I think it's very unfair to argue that he has been a poor signing.

It is totally fair... he is on £120k a week and can’t hit a barn door...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Ah, and there was the rest of the world thinking you'd had managerial **** up after managerial **** up.

Who knew that despite the utter shambles it has appeared to have been, it was by design. He's a genius, for sure.

He is .

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Funny how no one will pay £60 million.. I wonder why?

Because the transfer window isn't closed yet? We've rejected £45m from Spurs and £30m + Drinkwater from Chelsea. They're obviously working up to a bid of that size, I only hope we don't accept it.

It is totally fair... he is on £120k a week and can’t hit a barn door...

Last season, sure. The season before that he was exceptional. Overall I think he has worked out fairly well. If we hadn't signed him, it's quite possible we'd have been relegated two years ago.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I bet Tony's teets are glad for the rest .

I see you're not denying it.

Tony has rebuilt BHAFC from the ground up, with massive investment in the long-term infrastructure of the club (stadium, training ground, academy, womens team), whilst carefully investing in the 1st team, all within the FFP parameters, to gradually make us more and more competitive over the long term.

CPFC2010 is a club built on sand. Massive transfer outlays, the biggest wages to turnover in the entire Premier League by a MILE, a revolving door of multiple failed managers who you are still having to pay off, and next to zero investment in the ground or the academy.

You're a mess. Same club, same mistakes, same old cycle. And it'll all come home to roost.

(cue the whataboutery)

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
[MENTION=28302]ThePaddy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] have matching rain coats......very cute! [emoji23][emoji23] Do you both have full kit ( including shin pads) under the coats too? 🤣

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I see you're not denying it.

Tony has rebuilt BHAFC from the ground up, with massive investment in the long-term infrastructure of the club (stadium, training ground, academy, womens team), whilst carefully investing in the 1st team, all within the FFP parameters, to gradually make us more and more competitive over the long term.

CPFC2010 is a club built on sand. Massive transfer outlays, the biggest wages to turnover in the entire Premier League by a MILE, a revolving door of multiple failed managers who you are still having to pay off, and next to zero investment in the ground or the academy.

You're a mess. Same club, same mistakes, same old cycle. And it'll all come home to roost.

(cue the whataboutery)

You say this every season don't you .

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I love reading your posts, just can’t quite work out if you are ignorant, deluded or just a very sad fan of your club who can’t see that your club just sometimes are a total mess, run by people who seem not to have a clue about running a football club or business. You also seem to be in the minority of your fans as all
I hear from my Palace Work colleagues is total despair about how the club is being run.I actually salute you for your total support of your club and keep going as your entertain me with your posts after a hard days work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

A petition started by the sort of nonce that exists at every club.
Over 3,000 signed the petition.

Are they all nonces too?

Edit: I see this has already been covered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here