Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
To be honest, I'd rather a deal with a big club just fell through, so he stayed (thoroughly demotivated), they then got relegated so that he is sold off next season for about £5m just to get him off the wage bill.

Wouldn't that be lovely?

best case scenario!!! :D:clap::lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With muscular injuries you're absolutely right. Most of the injuries we suffered, however, were due to players being on the receiving end of dangerous tackles. Not much Roy can do about that

my memory isn’t what it once was, but I seem to recall that at least two of your long term injuries were a result of the player concerned MAKING the dangerous tackle?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
With muscular injuries you're absolutely right. Most of the injuries we suffered, however, were due to players being on the receiving end of dangerous tackles. Not much Roy can do about that.
I

"Some players got injured" is a rather understated way of putting it. At one stage we had 12 of our 25 man squad injured, any of whom would have been starting games under the circumstances. How on earth is a midtable Premier League side meant to deal with that?

These ‘tackles ‘ your players were on the recieving end of?

Would that be the two assaults on Kevin DeBruyne that Scott Dann and Jason Puncheon committed? You know, the ones that ended your Captain and Vice captains season.

Both booked for the fouls, and if they hadn’t been stretchered off, they would have been sent off.
Always the victim. :ffsparr:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
my memory isn’t what it once was, but I seem to recall that at least two of your long term injuries were a result of the player concerned MAKING the dangerous tackle?
That's correct. Puncheon and Dann both crocked themselves fouling De Bruyne. The former's being more assault than foul.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...report?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

The report also contains this gem.....

"Victory would perhaps have been an injustice given the ease with which Wilfried Zaha tumbled like broken reed under Raheem Sterling’s gentle challenge."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Would that be the two assaults on Kevin DeBruyne that Scott Dann and Jason Puncheon committed? You know, the ones that ended your Captain and Vice captains season.

Both booked for the fouls, and if they hadn’t been stretchered off, they would have been sent off.
Ouch - I do love it when someone has the memory to actually challenge the bullshit these goons come out with on here. They must just pray most don’t remember / cba to look it up :lol:

Another owning - lovely to see the squirm!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

I said most, not all. We lost Zaha, Sako, Cabaye, Schlupp and Loftus-Cheek to dodgy challenges and that's just off the top of my head.

Obviously Puncheon's tackle on De Bruyne was awful but to call Dann's an assault is a stretch of biblical proportions. Dann and Puncheon both injured themselves while fouling the opposition, but that doesn't mean that their injuries are somehow Hodgson's fault as was suggested earlier.

Puncheon and Dann accounted for 2 of the 12 simultaneously injured players at one point in the season.

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I said most, not all. We lost Zaha, Sako, Cabaye, Schlupp and Loftus-Cheek to dodgy challenges and that's just off the top of my head.

Obviously Puncheon's tackle on De Bruyne was awful but to call Dann's an assault is a stretch of biblical proportions. Dann and Puncheon both injured themselves while fouling the opposition, but that doesn't mean that their injuries are somehow Hodgson's fault as was suggested earlier.

Puncheon and Dann accounted for 2 of the 12 simultaneously injured players at one point in the season.

It’s never your fault. Always the victims!! You lot are unbelievably deluded

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

So 5/12 (and I can’t be bothered to research if you’re even correct on those) is ‘most’?! Hope you listen more next term young paddy :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He needs to be at an ambitious club with money to burn and world class facilities where he can flourish as a second rate winger . Let’s just buy the Dwayne and have done with it

I don’t want him - he’s not a bad player but Knocky, Solly & Izzy are all well ahead of him. It’s a no from me.

I did read in one of the papers Zaha was keen to join Albion but Bloom flatly rejected it as didn’t want a known cheat playing in the famous stripes and damaging the reputation we have.

Last edited:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Spotted playing in a friendly for RDLeipzig the other day:
rdleipzig2.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unsurprisingly our pet Troll is also forgetting about the player(s) who just didn't want to play. :lol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Turned down £125k per week. Mysterious tweets and "indicates dissatisfaction" with CPFC.

Goodbye shithurst...hello Spurs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps he’s off to Leicester, they’ve got £60m burning a hole in their pocket :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BBS:

Unfortunately I think there's no smoke without fire, he probably has expressed a desire to leave, but if we can keep him willingly, for another year, job's a good 'un. Next year the likes of PSG, Barca(Messi's getting older and will probably drop further back into midfield, so they will need another top class attacker), Real, Juve and City will be in for him, and we wont have a cat's chance in hell of keeping him, but it'll have been an excellent ride and all the best to him.

Christ.
I can't even decide if they're joking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here