Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Murray vs Benteke was definitely a win for Glenn last season, but Benteke scored 15 PL goals for us the season before and was utterly brilliant. Last season's troubles were unexpected and out of character, hopefully he returns to his usual self this time around. Townsend has been great under Hodgson in an unfamiliar position and has worked extremely hard. You won't hear many complaints about him from Palace fans. Zaha, obviously, would be your best player. You've missed out the likes of Sakho, van Aanholt and Milivojevic though who would all be starting every single week for you.

I disagree, Sakho wouldn't get into our team because he can't stay fit and is on a downward trajectory. Duffy and Dunk are both younger and less injury prone. PVA last season would have been ahead of Bong 100% no argument there because I think he is the better player, however comparing Bernardo and PVA is a waste of time because we have no idea what he can do. Likewise for Mili, he would be the one replacing Stephens or Bissouma, and we can't compare Mili to Bissouma. It's not really as clear as you want it to be, sorry pal.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Palace were an absolute shambles behind the scenes last season - some of the issues were self-inflicted and some were just plain bad luck - and yet we still managed to survive comfortably and found ourselves in midtable after taking 0 points and 0 goals from our first 7 games. Roy's Palace side earns more money than Hughton's Brighton side, but they're also better at football, as evidenced by the amount of points picked up by both.

You still are a shambles

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I disagree, Sakho wouldn't get into our team because he can't stay fit and is on a downward trajectory. Duffy and Dunk are both younger and less injury prone. PVA last season would have been ahead of Bong 100% no argument there because I think he is the better player, however comparing Bernardo and PVA is a waste of time because we have no idea what he can do. Likewise for Mili, he would be the one replacing Stephens or Bissouma, and we can't compare Mili to Bissouma. It's not really as clear as you want it to be, sorry pal.

Sakho has had injury troubles, it's true, but when he's fit he's sensational. The best CB I've ever seen at Palace.

Fair enough, we can't compare Milivojevic to Bissouma, but I've no doubt in my mind that he's a better player than Stephens.

Fosu Mensah

There we go, ta.

Two players on loan and Sako who walked out on them and refused to sign another contract.

Sako made 43 appearances, many of those from the bench, in 3 years at Palace. He was offered a new contract on lower wages and turned it down.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Two players on loan and Sako who walked out on them and refused to sign another contract.

Omg Sako was looking good - even scored in their big cup defeat at the Amex! Cost them loads of money too and has just walked out!? Ouch.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cabaye, Loftus-Cheek, Sako and Lee off the top of my head. £200k/w was a conservative estimate, it's likely to be more.
Possibly more the way you pay wages but I expect the keeper is on 80k and a big signing on fee!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Possibly more the way you pay wages but I expect the keeper is on 80k and a big signing on fee!

Thanks for that no doubt well-founded guesswork.

Omg Sako was looking good - even scored in their big cup defeat at the Amex! Cost them loads of money too and has just walked out!? Ouch.

You know as well as I do that he was signed on a free, but you shouldn't tell lies because the other children might believe them.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I can predict that for you.

Mr Tumble will stay
Loftus-Cheek will return on loan
They will finish in a Champions League spot
Brighton will be relegated with a record low points tally

Took the words right out of my mouth.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Brighton fans! Wobble your heads. The palace deluded will never agree and will be all 'Vicky Pollard' in verbal gymnastics. 'Yeah, No but...' Give up and look upon their posts as unworthy of responding to.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Just posted on Sky's transfer site,
13:16
IS ZAHA SET TO LEAVE PALACE?

Could Wilfred Zaha be set to leave Crystal Palace? Well, the forward - who has been linked with a move to Spurs - has just left a cryptic message on Instagram saying: "Today is the day I make a change with everything."
Not only that, but the Ivorian also removed the Palace logo from the bio on his Instagram page for all you conspiracy theorists...

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
just posted on Sky's Transfer Centre ....

"
IS ZAHA SET TO LEAVE PALACE?

Could Wilfred Zaha be set to leave Crystal Palace? Well, the forward - who has been linked with a move to Spurs - has just left a cryptic message on Instagram saying: "Today is the day I make a change with everything."

Not only that, but the Ivorian also removed the Palace logo from the bio on his Instagram page for all you conspiracy theorists.."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here