Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Exactly the reason why he will not leave. No chance he is going anywhere with two weeks of the window left. What would be the incentive to Palace, makes no sense.

And as Roy has said, you’re skint, you need the money from his sale o strengthen in any serious way.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Izquierdo - is a pacy headless chicken
Knockeart for me had one good game - united. He def divides opinion in your fan base.

Would not swap either for Townsend - consistent 7/10 and hard working.
I was one of Benteke's biggest critics last season he has a lot to prove - and I am concerned But if you are judging on his overall record, far and above anything you have.

Yeah cause we don’t pay ridiculous wages.. you lot are sleepwalking into administration number 3.. god help St John ambulance..

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
In fairness to [MENTION=27478]TypicalPalace[/MENTION], you could pluck any 10-year-old playing football from any park in the country and stick him in the Palace goal and it would improve their starting Xi.

Third best keeper in Spain last season. But an unknown quantity in PL so have to reserve judgement. Im sure he will be an improvement..

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Knockeart for me had one good game - united. He def divides opinion in your fan base.

I was one of Benteke's biggest critics last season he has a lot to prove - and I am concerned But if you are judging on his overall record, far and above anything you have.

Isn’t Townsend going to Toon if Ashley gets the money together?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Nurse!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Third best keeper in Spain last season. But an unknown quantity in PL so have to reserve judgement. Im sure he will be an improvement..

I agree - that's what I'm saying. Compared to the utter dross you have had in goal my dog would be an improvement.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Yeah cause we don’t pay ridiculous wages.. you lot are sleepwalking into administration number 3.. god help St John ambulance..

You have stayed up one season, Lets see what your wage bill looks like after 6 seasons shall we? Really not sure your are the full ticket, Maybe a bit nutz..

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I agree - that's what I'm saying. Compared to the utter dross you have had in goal my dog would be an improvement.

Agree, Hennessy has been absolute rubbish for a couple of seasons, Should have been replaced earlier. Can your dog do a stint upfront too?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
To get back on the subject of Wilf, I personally can't see him leaving this summer as he is happy with us and earns a decent whack. Wilf's thoughts on the matter when asked last week- https://twitter.com/RedAndBlueNews1/status/1020740027695927298

Spurs want him but as per normal Levy doesn't want to meet the valuation of the selling club, A lot of the guff in the media will have been instigated by Spurs.

As I have previously stated on this thread I could see Wilf going to Chelsea but feel this would have been done a lot earlier in the summer if it was going to happen.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
You have stayed up one season, Lets see what your wage bill looks like after 6 seasons shall we? Really not sure your are the full ticket, Maybe a bit nutz..

Fair comment, but as we have now a wage cap of 45k a week, don’t think that will happen. Plus we have people running our club who know what they are doing, looking at recent report and accounts and the fact your owners only either take wages from the club or want to make money from owning a premiership club, then think we are ok. Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Never understand this constant reference to the fabulous St John Ambulance organisation.

Say what you like about the Palace fans they did at least make sure that SJA didn’t end up losers after Palace went into administration. This included help from many of our fans as well - something to be proud of.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/palacefans4stjohnambulance

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
To get back on the subject of Wilf, I personally can't see him leaving this summer as he is happy with us and earns a decent whack. Wilf's thoughts on the matter when asked last week- https://twitter.com/RedAndBlueNews1/status/1020740027695927298

Spurs want him but as per normal Levy doesn't want to meet the valuation of the selling club, A lot of the guff in the media will have been instigated by Spurs.

As I have previously stated on this thread I could see Wilf going to Chelsea but feel this would have been done a lot earlier in the summer if it was going to happen.

Going to be controversial now, but hope he stays with you as think if you sold him for a hefty sum, think You will buy in 2 or 3 better players and improve you as a team. Wilf stats are not that great over the years, apart from the fact you are crap without him. Maybe you rely on him too much, just think if he went you would improve as a team. Just an opinion.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Fair comment, but as we have now a wage cap of 45k a week, don’t think that will happen. Plus we have people running our club who know what they are doing, looking at recent report and accounts and the fact your owners only either take wages from the club or want to make money from owning a premiership club, then think we are ok. Only time will tell.

45k is a decent level for a club recently promoted, I think you generally buy well, But the wage cap will have to rise with expectations over time. Its just the way things are in this league. If you stay in the league for a few years i'd expect your wags bill to rise and be around the same Bmuff, Saints and ourselves.

As you say, Only time will tell, Enjoy the season.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Sorry - I hadn't realized you had watched all of our games. Fair play - you are better placed than me to compare the two sides, if that is the case.

TP asked me to reply on his behalf:

*clears throat*

"OK 'fella'. Bein' serious 'like' I am Palace and we are totally the real deal. See this, since I am Palace I know so much more about this 'ere' game. So shut it Rodney!"

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yeah cant argue with that. Fair play youve made some signings all pretty much unknowns, premier league wise anyway. Just feel our first 11 are far superior. Beyond that I wouldnt be as confident but lets see who we bring in. Palace are a couple of players away from being really, really good but one injury away from disaster haha. Its the palace way

You are Paul Merson, and I claim my £5

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
From what ive seen, our new Iranian is on a similar level for less than 20 mil and seems to have the ability to stay on his feet.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Isn't your wage to income the highest in the league? And you say that I am not the full ticket!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Never understand this constant reference to the fabulous St John Ambulance organisation.

Say what you like about the Palace fans they did at least make sure that SJA didn’t end up losers after Palace went into administration. This included help from many of our fans as well - something to be proud of.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/palacefans4stjohnambulance

I really get fed up when this is rolled out as a defence of how Palace stitched up these organisations and you stating that Johns Ambulance didn't lose out is B*ll*cks.
They were owed by Crystal Palace FC £19,405 and received a cheque for the sum of around £16k from fans of many clubs and collected by Palace fans.I make that a £3,405 loss.
They also conveniently forget the £22,901 owed to the London Ambulance Service, but that's OK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here