Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The Iranian chap you signed, didn’t he choose you over Leicester?
Now without being disrespectful, he’s probably heard of Leicester, but Brighton have only just arrived on the scene, so it was probably a financial decision.
Playing devils advocate, Leicester’s average weekly wage is around the £60 k mark? so you would have trumped that to get him.
For those of you who think you pay low salaries, forget it, your wage bill when you got promoted was £35 million, so I would assume, with all the new players brought, it’s at least doubled.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Now without being disrespectful, he’s probably heard of Leicester, but Brighton have only just arrived on the scene, so it was probably a financial decision.
Playing devils advocate, Leicester’s average weekly wage is around the £60 k mark? so you would have trumped that to get him.
For those of you who think you pay low salaries, forget it, your wage bill when you got promoted was £35 million, so I would assume, with all the new players brought, it’s at least doubled.

That was with promotion bonuses you pillock, and that was for ALL STAFF. There is no way we are paying anywhere near 60k a week.. Doing ok ain’t we considering..

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That was with promotion bonuses you pillock, and that was for ALL STAFF. There is no way we are paying anywhere near 60k a week.. Doing ok ain’t we considering..

True, but incentives are still part of players contracts.
I bet they received just as much last season for staying up.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

You're not being disrespectful - just clueless about Albion's attempts to sign Ali J which started more than 3 years ago.

Oh, and it's "bought", not "brought".

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You're not being disrespectful - just clueless about Albion's attempts to sign Ali J which started more than 3 years ago.

Oh, and it's "bought", not "brought".

He didn’t fancy championship wages then ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Utterly clueless. What sort of person would go on a rivals board and post such uneducated, ill informed, misspelt nonsense.

Oh yes. You. Over and over and over again. [emoji23]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
True, but incentives are still part of players contracts.
I bet they received just as much last season for staying up.
I bet they received a lot more as they were in the Premier League, not the Championship. You know, the league where you get £100m even if you finish bottom. The league that you've had years of massive income from that you've pissed up the wall with nothing to show for it.

You have the worst financial situation re wages/player costs to turnover in the whole league. You're the only club spending more on those costs than you produce in income.

It'd be a tad surprising if anyone on here, or anyone in football in general, listened to a Palace fan about their club's accounts or financial position. You are the lowest of the low in that respect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Utterly clueless. What sort of person would go on a rivals board and post such uneducated, ill informed, misspelt nonsense.

You mean that [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION] doesn't know that Ali J has been here for several visits over the last 3 years and wisely took an intermediate contrct in a lesser league before stepping up to sing for us? As opposed to Benteke, who was parachuted into Sellhurst, landing with a bump, not knowing where the f'uck he was or what he was supposed to do, apart from carry mountains of cash away each week in a wheelbarrow? You mean that [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION] doesn't know, as my late dad used to say, 'poop from clay'? Blow me down :mad:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

What sort of person would use a derogatory term to insult another person, then have the neck to say he didn’t know what it meant .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What sort of person would use a derogatory term to insult another person, then have the neck to say he didn’t know what it meant .
Great comeback you pitiful individual. [emoji23]

Now answer the question.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
At least we didn't spend over £50 m .
You don't have £50m to spend on players. Your own manager said as much.

You've pissed £500m up the wall and your latest contracts mean you will continue the same way, the Palace way.

What's your point?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He's worth more than your stadium .
No he's not. Again, you don't understand what market value means.

Unless the Amex is now worth around £35m then Zaha is not worth more than it, as that was the market value that other clubs were willing to pay.

Why can't any of you comprehend basic economics?

Thick as mince.

Mr Tumble

Aug 15, 2018
It's called "market value" you dimwit. What an absurdly stupid post.

Hardly.

If you want to bring 'Market Value' into this, you are only just diminishing your point even more:

Richarlison, who scored 3 goals last season then vanished off the face of the earth - £50m

Riyad Mahrez, who hasn't actually done anything notable since the season Leicester won the league - £60m.

Allison (albeit different position), conceded 7 goals in 2 games against Liverpool - £75m

With the above 'market values' in mind, maybe review your comment(s)?

Mr Tumble

Aug 15, 2018
No he's not. Again, you don't understand what market value means.

Unless the Amex is now worth around £35m then Zaha is not worth more than it, as that was the market value that other clubs were willing to pay.

Why can't any of you comprehend basic economics?

Thick as mince.

Oh look. Here he is talking about 'market value' again! :D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Where will Zaha go ?"

Well, he went to the cinema last night, proudly showing off his new "insect antenna" haircut. Either that, or his hair dye is running. Hard to tell.

6771844-6440533-image-a-86_1543451920859.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here