Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Final nail in the coffin for “I can’t get away tickets”

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
15 minutes after Liverpool away went on sale to anyone with a Bronze membership (annual cost £22), there are still 233 tickets for the game available from the first allocation (ie before returns are processed in the week before the game).

If you want to go to away games, you can.

It’s only if you want to pick the most convenient game for you to attend that you’ll have had to put the hard miles in previously.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thanks for the heads up, one adult and three junior tickets purchased.....bargain £57 (plus postage).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
15 minutes after Liverpool away went on sale to anyone with a Bronze membership (annual cost £22), there are still 233 tickets for the game available from the first allocation (ie before returns are processed in the week before the game).

If you want to go to away games, you can.

It’s only if you want to pick the most convenient game for you to attend that you’ll have had to put the hard miles in previously.

But for some of our exiles that is still over an hours travel which is a bit of a ball ache for them.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Don’t think that’s completely fair.

Roll up! Roll up! Tickets available for a match 250 miles away that you can’t get back from on the night by public transport. Also at height of holiday season.

Any other time of year/trains back and this would not have reached non STHs.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

Roll up! Roll up! Tickets available for a match 250 miles away that you can’t get back from on the night by public transport. Also at height of holiday season.

The point is that plenty of people think it's impossible to get away tickets and that it's a "closed shop". It's not.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Choices. We can't get back by train so we're driving. If people can't be bothered then FFS stop whinging all the time you can't get tickets for other games. It is embarrassing and boring. Those of us in the top tier are there for a reason and there are those that were in lower tiers that have worked themselves up because they've grasp opportunities when they can and will now reap the rewards which could include prestige games closer to home.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Think this pretty much sums it up tbh.

A very high percentage of these tickets went in tier one and very early in tier two.

The fact the remaining ones have fallen through the other tiers to bronze membership shows the current system is fair and fit for purpose. The people in the top tiers are prepared to drive or find another way to get to the game. Therefore these people should be in the front of the queue for the easier to get to away games.

However I’m sure this will all be forgotten and people will be on here moaning when the Man City away tickets go in the top tier.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Choices. We can't get back by train so we're driving. If people can't be bothered then FFS stop whinging all the time you can't get tickets for other games. It is embarrassing and boring. Those of us in the top tier are there for a reason and there are those that were in lower tiers that have worked themselves up because they've grasp opportunities when they can and will now reap the rewards which could include prestige games closer to home.

But but but, we hate sitting on a coach with comfortable seats that mean you can snooze all the way home.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
It sounds like the people commenting on this are all regular away match attendee's.

Yet saying stop moaning....

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

I’m super fan top tier too but didn’t feel the need to mention it!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It sounds like the people commenting on this are all regular away match attendee's.

Yet saying stop moaning....

Yes, they are asking people to stop moaning throughout the season whenever they can't get an away ticket. The fact is they can see the Albion away provided they are prepared to make some effort. Think of this thread as a reply to the one earlier this week moaning about loyalty points.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes. I have told the wife, kids and travel company we’re now not going on our summer holiday so that I can go to Anfield for a football match. Because that’s all that’s important in life. According to some idiots anyway.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Yes. I have told the wife, kids and travel company we’re now not going on our summer holiday so that I can go to Anfield for a football match. Because that’s all that’s important in life. According to some idiots anyway.

Told my wife that we have 3 weeks half term holiday before the season starts so make sure you book holiday during that period.
Holiday booked for family and back 2 days before Watford.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Yes, they are asking people to stop moaning throughout the season whenever they can't get an away ticket. The fact is they can see the Albion away provided they are prepared to make some effort. Think of this thread as a reply to the one earlier this week moaning about loyalty points.
Seems strange to bring up yet another thread on it and expect no more whinging.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You are missing the point. Everyone makes their own decisions on how to spend their money. Getting the opportunity to go to convenient location/glamour matches is a consequence of spending time/money going to all manner of away games. There is an opportunity to go to Liverpool so rather than moan, people should buy tickets. Anyone not going but also not posting moaning threads about loyalty points aren't really affected.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
It's a bit dull this whole thing.

I can rarely make away games thanks to work/family. I don't expect to be able to suddenly get a ticket when I can. If I really want to go to one, there's usually a way -more than likely sitting in the home end.

Big woop.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here