Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Something that's really good but you only discovered belatedly

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great Britain..............we really are not as shit as some people like to portray us as.

You’ve only just discovered Great Britain? There was me thinking you’d had both feet on it all your life. Where did you sail from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
TV series Extras only watched one for the first time last week as nothing on TV worth watching (between games) so looking through Iplayer found Extras and was hooked watched the whole lot in one go really not bad as comedy goes

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can you translate your post into English?

The thread tite says "something that's really good but you only discovered belatedly". I was just wondering how you only discovered where you lived belatedly. Basically, you've used a poor example of something the OP was after. A good example would be "using the favourites on my internet browser to access stuff quickly" :wink: :thumbsup:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Kids, having had mine aged 41 and then 45.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Roasted parsnips.

Roast parsnips were a staple of my mum's roast dinners, so I've always done them too. That said, I've not done a roast for ages and you now have me yearning crispy parsnips so I may need to remedy that tomorrow.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Roast parsnips were a staple of my mum's roast dinners, so I've always done them too. That said, I've not done a roast for ages and you now have me yearning crispy parsnips so I may need to remedy that tomorrow.

My post had me thinking the same thing too! Got some wing rib to pick up for lunch tomorrow...

Oregano enhances the parsnips, I find!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Congratulations

2826408.main_image.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Asian food

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Playing football again. I loved played as a kid for schools teams and the Scouts. But it wasn't exactly a successful career. Peter Ward i was not. And after about the age of 13/14 that was that.
And i literally never played again for 35 years barely kicking a ball competitively even when i had kids. At the age of 47 i was asked, out of the blue to join a weekly 6 a side team - that my son jokingly decided should be called "The Fat Dads.. "I'm not that good" i replied. "None of us are" he lied.
But i held my own , ran about for an hour and loved it.
I've been pretty much stood on a pitch wearing a red big on a Thursday night every week now for 5 years, watched people who initially are complete strangers and even now, know only as Paul or Dave or Mike or Tim come and go sometimes to injury - its precarious stuff 40/50 something football - sometimes to god knows where - you just never see them again. Its a great part of my week up there with an Albion match...
But blimey. 35 years. I wished i'd kept playing back then when i was 15/16..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here