Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Isner v Anderson

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Watching my first tennis of the Wimbledon fortnight and it's a bizarre one.

Serving monsters John Isner and Kevin Anderson are slugging it out in the fifth set where it's 19-19. They've been playing for nearly 6 hours.

There seems to be a threat of rain, which means they'd all need to head off and wait for the roof to do its thing, which would keep it going even longer and later.

Beyond all this, Nadal and Djokovic are still waiting to play their semi - there has to be a decent chance they'll not complete tonight.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Watching my first tennis of the Wimbledon fortnight and it's a bizarre one.

Serving monsters John Isner and Kevin Anderson are slugging it out in the fifth set where it's 19-19. They've been playing for nearly 6 hours.

There seems to be a threat of rain, which means they'd all need to head off and wait for the roof to do its thing, which would keep it going even longer and later.

Beyond all this, Nadal and Djokovic are still waiting to play their semi - there has to be a decent chance they'll not complete tonight.

Might as well make yourself comfy, Isner has got form for this...........70-68 fifth set in 2010, took 3 DAYS

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Unbelievably boring tennis, completely unwatchable.

Bam! Ace! Ace! Ace!

Other player to serve...

Bam! Ace! Ace! Ace!

Continue until (seemingly) the end of time. We should be watching Nadal v Djokovic slugging out another epic when instead we get 6 hours of serving practice. How can two professional tennis players in the top 10 of the world be so incapable of breaking serve?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not much tennis being played, I reckon every neutral in the crowd just wants it to end, to hell with who wins it.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Might as well make yourself comfy, Isner has got form for this...........70-68 fifth set in 2010, took 3 DAYS

The game only lasted 11 hours. I crack that out at work in one day. Pussies.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Front rows should be issued with Nerf guns, and fire the darts on randomly to make it interesting. Or the umpire should allow heckling, so ahead of a serve....oooooooooooooo you're shit arrrhhhhhhhh....

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This is why Tennis is only on the telly once a year.

Because it's really shit most of the time.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Claptrap mate.

Try playing it at a decent level.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

It's so unbelievably tedious. At least in other sports you can change tactics, throw on subs etc. In tennis the players have one way of playing, and they'll continue that until one of them finally makes enough mistakes to end the match.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here