[Albion] New Kit!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I appreciate your fine editorial decision.

Come on Wozza; the fact the club have bothered to press release the reasons behind the green strip, clearly shows that the retail business managers within the club feel the historical relevance (or story) a very marketable idea. They could be wrong, naturally, but let's just see if that's true....

I think it's safe to assume that *most* shirts are sold to kids up to adults in the 30s. I can't imagine many fans in this demographic gives a shit about the historical relevance of a colour which few at the club would recognise, let alone anyone outside.

Dark green might have been edgy in 1976 or whenever, when it was nailed on as the colour of a goalkeeper's shirt.

In 2018, my kids think it's "dull". So that's three sales down (four, if you count myself). It's simply not a cool shirt for the parks, football training etc.

Given that the home shirt is so conservative (not a bad thing), I think it's the shame that the club didn't go with a progressive away design and/or colour.

Look at how popular Nike's Nigeria shirt was this summer. And our Volt shirt was out best-selling away shirt, I believe?

Ho hum.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And our Volt shirt was out best-selling away shirt, I believe?

One thing you can guarantee is this: the Word doco of last year's "Brighton's best-selling shirts EVER" press news piece has been opened, tweaked and is good to go out a week or two into the pre-orders cycle.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
One thing you can guarantee is this: the Word doco of last year's "Brighton's best-selling shirts EVER" press news piece has been opened, tweaked and is good to go out a week or two into the pre-orders cycle.

Fast-selling shirt ever*.

* For a Thursday afternoon; in-store sales.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think it's safe to assume that *most* shirts are sold to kids up to adults in the 30s. I can't imagine many fans in this demographic gives a shit about the historical relevance of a colour which few at the club would recognise, let alone anyone outside.

Dark green might have been edgy in 1976 or whenever, when it was nailed on as the colour of a goalkeeper's shirt.

In 2018, my kids think it's "dull". So that's three sales down (four, if you count myself). It's simply not a cool shirt for the parks, football training etc.

Given that the home shirt is so conservative (not a bad thing), I think it's the shame that the club didn't go with a progressive away design and/or colour.

Look at how popular Nike's Nigeria shirt was this summer. And our Volt shirt was out best-selling away shirt, I believe?

Ho hum.

I tend to agree with this in regard to the away shirt. Just dropping a couple of ideas but if we had the Nigeria kit in chewits red/pink and black or just a bright pink away kit I am pretty sure it would be the best seller of all time. Kids certainly love a bright and vibrant edgy kit, I agree that kids are not going to be that inspired by the green.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Meh, the away kit is indistinguishable from Bournemouth's home last year, and the home is a carbon copy in blue and white.

With Umbro no longer being a major player in comparison to Adidas/Nike (no international shirts, West Ham, Bournemouth, Everton) you would think that they would put out a bespoke shirt having won the rights from Puma. Lazy rubbish.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Meh, the away kit is indistinguishable from Bournemouth's home last year, and the home is a carbon copy in blue and white.

. The away kit is nothing like Bournemouth’s kit last season, apart from the fact it’s red and black. As for the home kit being a carbon copy in white and blue, what’s wrong with that? We did in the same in the first season at the Amex

8CC5C139-5281-4FE3-BBD4-A7D7DDC4BC0B.jpeg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I tend to agree with this in regard to the away shirt. Just dropping a couple of ideas but if we had the Nigeria kit in chewits red/pink and black or just a bright pink away kit I am pretty sure it would be the best seller of all time. Kids certainly love a bright and vibrant edgy kit, I agree that kids are not going to be that inspired by the green.

ngffwc18hj-600x600.jpg

Sorry, but that Nigeria shirt is VILE. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype around it, I'd be horrified if we trotted out in something like this. Thats not edgy - its a bloody mess.

Personally I think the green shirt is alright. Nice simple design. Guess I'm just not down wid da the kidz, but then I haven't bought a team shirt since about 2009. I'm more of a polo type of guy these days.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
ngffwc18hj-600x600.jpg

Sorry, but that Nigeria shirt is VILE. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype around it, I'd be horrified if we trotted out in something like this. Thats not edgy - its a bloody mess.

Personally I think the green shirt is alright. Nice simple design. Guess I'm just not down wid da the kidz, but then I haven't bought a team shirt since about 2009. I'm more of a polo type of guy these days.

I will not be buying the green shirt something like the nigerian shirt though would be Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I go to watch a football team not a circus act. :)
Nigeria kit in red/pink and black or a bright pink kit :eek:

Droping a couple of ideas? Dropping some LSD more like :D

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I go to watch a football team not a circus act. :)
Nigeria kit in red/pink and black or a bright pink kit :eek:

Droping a couple of ideas? Dropping some LSD more like :D
My point was what the kids would love and all rush out to buy. I like the green kit but I’m a 40 year old man.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

This is exactly the point. The club should target "da kidz". Polo shirts (and plain training shirts) are already available for you (us) oldies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here