Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Kit!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do they though? If you know the team then you know who plays where, generally speaking.

I don't need to be able to see the numbers to know that the tall bloke in front of Maty Ryan, just to the left, is Lewis Dunk.

Thats bonkers. Not EVERYONE instantly knows our 1 to 11 by face / build / position, and at any given moment a player could be anywhere on the pitch. Ideally you need to know this at a glance, and whilst SOME players will physically stand out from others, not all of them are immediately distinguishable from each other, as [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] ably indicated with his examples.

You wouldn't get much thanks from the press or commentators either.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Thats bonkers. Not EVERYONE instantly knows our 1 to 11 by face / build / position, and at any given moment a player could be anywhere on the pitch. Ideally you need to know this at a glance, and whilst SOME players will physically stand out from others, not all of them are immediately distinguishable from each other, as [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] ably indicated with his examples.

You wouldn't get much thanks from the press or commentators either.

Sure.

See my last response to HKFC :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Is this a common theme or just unique to our whinging fansbase ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Same here. Well, 'lovely' might be slightly overstating, but its certainly not the MONSTROSITY some people on here are howling about.

Personally I think its always worth reserving judgement until its been seen 'in action', so to speak. I reckon both kits are perfectly ok, and opinions will change once we get used to actually seeing them on the pitch. Not that many will admit to changing their minds I suppose. But I'm far from horrified by either shirt.

I'd have preferred blue shorts and socks with the home one, mind.

After my initial outburst regarding the green kit i'm starting to warm to it a bit more. As you say you really need to see it in action. Would it be enough for me to dip into my wallet for it? Probably not.
I just find green to be the worse colour possible to use as a kit. Feel sorry for those Pilgrims down in Devon

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After my initial outburst regarding the green kit i'm starting to warm to it a bit more. As you say you really need to see it in action. Would it be enough for me to dip into my wallet for it? Probably not.
I just find green to be the worse colour possible to use as a kit. Feel sorry for those Pilgrims down in Devon

home_shirt_201819_web_1.jpg

I don't think thats too shabby meself.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

I on the other hand can’t abide yellow kits. Brazil look stunning everyone else looks shit ..... I know I’m in the minority but I think it stems back to when most teams played in yellow wrt to their away kits.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I on the other hand can’t abide yellow kits. Brazil look stunning everyone else looks shit ..... I know I’m in the minority but I think it stems back to when most teams played in yellow wrt to their away kits.

What about the volt yellow kit we had?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
"Another club becomes a victim of the lazy Nike template design, Brighton's new kit just screams blandness, and looks like it took about five minutes to think up design wise "
:) 1/10

I would say it's a great kit. Except the need for those poxy stripes at the base of the back which make it look as though you have an embarrassing pair of boxer shorts running above the waistline. That's why I won't buy it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here