Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seems alright.

Looks like we're going to be a bit stronger this season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does the quality of the premier league improve every season?
I think it is improving. I'm sure the quality of the Championship has improved, as wealthy owners have chased the prize of the PL in recent seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if more teams are spending more than before in the PL in a bid to stay in it, such are the riches on offer.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Does the quality of the premier league improve every season? We were good enough to stay up last year, so wouldn't the same team do just as well? I don't know the answer to that.

But if the answer to the second question is yes, then we are really well-placed to do well this year

Yes I think it does. Other than the very big CL clubs in Germany, Spain, France and Italy no-one can compete with the spending power of the PL. Clubs like us are picking up talent that doesn’t quite make that level, or will do soon. So the PL is getting better and the other leagues poorer. Demonstrated by the total dominance of Bayern, Juve, PSG and Real/Barca. Not to say there isn’t young talent elsewhere.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think it is improving. I'm sure the quality of the Championship has improved, as wealthy owners have chased the prize of the PL in recent seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if more teams are spending more than before in the PL in a bid to stay in it, such are the riches on offer.

With the usual suspects in the top 6 ready to spend further huge sums, on deals requiring others to happen first. Plus Palace haven't really got going yet .... I hope they realise the deadline isn't the 31st August.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Makes sense.

I love he back one, and the lone centre half. At one time we were praying for a loan centre half.

(too flair for me, though)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With the usual suspects in the top 6 ready to spend further huge sums, on deals requiring others to happen first. Plus Palace haven't really got going yet .... I hope they realise the deadline isn't the 31st August.

*cough* I hope they don't *cough* :mad::lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Corners are going to be interesting

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
.With thanks to [MENTION=21466]Blue[/MENTION]Valkiyre - Here's the current 25 man squad with likely remaining targets.

1. Ryan
2. Button ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Bruno
5. Schelotto
6. Bernardo
7. Bong
8. Suttner or New Signing ( Defender / Defensive Midfielder )
9. Balogun
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. Duffy ( HGP )
12. New Signing ( Central Defender)
13. Stephens ( HGP )
14. Kayal
15. Pröpper
16. Bissouma
17. Groß
18. Knockaert
19. Izquierdo
20. March ( HGP )
21. Skalak or New Signing
22. Murray ( HGP )
23. Andone
24. Locadia
25. Baldock ( HGP ) or Hemed or New Signing

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
.With thanks to [MENTION=21466]Blue[/MENTION]Valkiyre - Here's the current 25 man squad with likely remaining targets.

1. Ryan
2. Button ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Bruno
5. Schelotto
6. Bernardo
7. Bong
8. Suttner or New Signing ( Defender / Defensive Midfielder )
9. Balogun
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. Duffy ( HGP )
12. New Signing ( Central Defender)
13. Stephens ( HGP )
14. Kayal
15. Pröpper
16. Bissouma
17. Groß
18. Knockaert
19. Izquierdo
20. March ( HGP )
21. Skalak or New Signing
22. Murray ( HGP )
23. Andone
24. Locadia
25. Baldock ( HGP ) or Hemed or New Signing

Thank you. Definitely scope for 3 new signings then, as Skalak and Baldock probably can't cut it at PL level:

Central defender
Attacking CM with pace and goals
A winger or pacey striker

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Really pleased with this signing, if we are going to spend large sums of money I like it when its on young players.

We were really short and got lucky last season in that Propper and Stephens remained fit.

This lad gives strong competition too them and we have the genuine option of pushing Propper into Gross roll now if required at any stage.

Happy days.

A centre half and a winger if I am being greedy and we are done.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:glare:
True, but also slightly unlucky that Kayal was out at the start, and unlucky a couple of our planned signings didn't go through.

...and Sidwell. Lucky (with due credit to the medical team for their massive contribution) Stephens and Propper didn’t get any injuries, equally unlucky both the covering players in CM did I suppose

Yves looks a beast. Genuinely excited by this singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here