Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Another train question

0 Not allowed!
    Looking at a mid-afternoon trip to London in mid-August.

A single from Worthing to:

Victoria is £5.00
    London Bridge is £24.70

I thought that a ticket to London would allow you to disembark at any of the main London station.

If that's not the case, what is the best/cheapest option to get to London Bridge, which is my preferred destination? A single to East Croydon is also a fiver with EC -> LB being just over £6, the same as Victoria -> LB?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Go to Victoria then get tube to London Bridge
      So. Like, whatever. Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by graysgull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Go to Victoria then get tube to London Bridge
      Is the correct answer. Victoria - Green Park - London Bridge is only five stops. Having said that, is Worthing to Victoria REALLY only a fiver in the afternoons? Tremendous deal if it is.

Edit: Though you have to factor in the cost of the return journey shirley? Or is that a fiver also?
      Last edited by Tom Hark, Preston Park; 13-07-2018 at 06:05.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Looking at a mid-afternoon trip to London in mid-August.

A single from Worthing to:

Victoria is £5.00
      London Bridge is £24.70

I thought that a ticket to London would allow you to disembark at any of the main London station.

If that's not the case, what is the best/cheapest option to get to London Bridge, which is my preferred destination? A single to East Croydon is also a fiver with EC -> LB being just over £6, the same as Victoria -> LB?
      Get the Victoria ticket (as it gives you more options) but then break your journey and get either a return from EC or use your contactless bank card for pay as you go through the barriers as maximu spend will be £12.50. If you are going on from LB on the tube or bus then it's cheaper.

0 Not allowed!
      The £5 will be an advance fare so you will have to catch that train, I guess you can't get to London Bridge on a Southern Train so that fare isn't valid to go there hence you can't disembark at any London station.
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I do this journey occasionally, and I take my Brompton and cycle. If you are travelling by yourself and 'out of the rush hour' you are probably OK to take any old bike.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
      Members
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

0 Not allowed!
      Victoria, and as someone has already suggested, take the tube to London Bridge using an Oyster card. Check with TfL the journey fare.

P.S. I made enquiries about going from Clapham Junction to Watford (for our away fixture at Watford) with TfL. Using my Oyster card the journey will cost me £1.90 each way on any of the rail services - Overground, Southern, Tube etc.

1 Not allowed!
      Thanks all. I'll be with kids and also a fair amount of luggage so I want the journey to be as pain free as possible. Multiple tube stops to get where we're ultimately going - London City Airport - would be a pain in the arse.

I might just go to Victoria for a fiver and used the money saved on an Uber from there.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      if you're going to London City, presumably on the DLR, you want to goto Victoria, get on the District/Circle to Tower Hill then the DLR. it might look a further but its easy inter-connections
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      if you're going to London City, presumably on the DLR, you want to goto Victoria, get on the District/Circle to Tower Hill then the DLR. it might look a further but its easy inter-connections
      The easier route is get the Jubilee line to Canning Town and pick up the DLR from there. Tower Hill looks simple but it's about 300m from the tube station to the DLR one, crossing a busy road. The Canning Town way is just changing platforms

But the Uber way may be less painful - it takes a long, long time by car though so allow plenty of time.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio