Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] To cheer us up a thread full of young English talent - possibly ready for 2022

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As 2022 is in Qatar and all matches will be played at walking pace due to extreme heat, we don't need youngsters we should be looking at the England walking football team

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Jadon Sancho. Absolutely love him. If he stays injury free this coming season I'd be surprised and disappointed if he hasn't picked up a first senior cap.

I think Phil Foden is a fantastic prospect too, but much as I want to be wrong, I think it'll be a season of limited opportunities at Man City for him. I hope he doesn't stagnate.

I also hope Callum Hudson-Odoi gets a good loan this season, as he's a great prospect.

I always love watching Marcus Edwards, but god knows what is going with him at Spurs, so perhaps the omens aren't great for him.

Some other names that went under the radar a bit at the U17 world cup:

Jonathan Panzo. Ex-Chelsea defender, recently moved to Monaco.
Fulham's Steven Sessegnon - Ryan's twin.
Tashan Oakley-Boothe of Spurs - could get a few first team minutes this season.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
If rashford gets game time he may well develop into a world class player

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If rashford gets game time he may well develop into a world class player

If he really wants to establish himself as a regular starter for his country, l think he may be better off leaving Manchester United. Difficult for Mourinho l know, having Lukaku to fit into the team too, but by playing Rashford out on the left is doing him no favours at all. The boy is a natural centre forward and needs to scoring goals.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Jadon Sancho. Absolutely love him. If he stays injury free this coming season I'd be surprised and disappointed if he hasn't picked up a first senior cap.

I think Phil Foden is a fantastic prospect too, but much as I want to be wrong, I think it'll be a season of limited opportunities at Man City for him. I hope he doesn't stagnate.

I also hope Callum Hudson-Odoi gets a good loan this season, as he's a great prospect.

I always love watching Marcus Edwards, but god knows what is going with him at Spurs, so perhaps the omens aren't great for him.

Some other names that went under the radar a bit at the U17 world cup:

Jonathan Panzo. Ex-Chelsea defender, recently moved to Monaco.
Fulham's Steven Sessegnon - Ryan's twin.
Tashan Oakley-Boothe of Spurs - could get a few first team minutes this season.

Marcus Edwards is a dickhead

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Great young players don't always turn out to be great of-age players:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...americas-pele-the-rise-and-fall-of-freddy-adu

(he was amazing in Football Manager 2005...)

He was also very creative with his age...but you are right. He was shit in every game I bought him because there was a chance of him rolling as just an ordinary default player and that always happened to me. I could always tell when he was the real deal because he would never sign for me...

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Marcus Edwards is a dickhead

I am trying to keep an open mind as you never really know what goes on behind the scenes, but the alarm bells are ringing. I've read he's quite shy and introverted so maybe it's a man management thing. For his ability he should have at least 20 first team appearances by now, but all he's got so far is a few minutes in a disastrous loan at Norwich.

I'd be gutted if he ends up wasting his talent like Ravel Morrison. Whilst perhaps not make or break, the coming season will be very important in determining which path he takes.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
We also have Demarai Gray, Patrick Roberts, Ben Chilwell, Tammy Abraham, Rhian Brewster, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Tom Davies, Reece Oxford and loads of other promising players who could be very good in the future.

I was hoping Patrick Roberts would move to Leicester as part of the Mahrez deal. He needs to get away from Man City IMO as he's not likely to get any opportunities there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am quite intrigued by the names of some modern young English football players. I think I have found the rubric: take the name of a 1970s-90s car for the first name, then combine the surname of a former British prime-minster, and hyphenate that with an exotic vegetable or fruit, and there you have it:

Carlton Wilson-Kumquat
Scirocco Disraeli-Plantain
Clio Heath-Bambara
Berlingo LloydGeorge-Cassava

Mmmmm could do a job!

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I'm just going by who I sign on Fifa, but Angel Gomes at United is meant to be a talent and has captain England's U16, U17 and U18 teams.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here