Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] To cheer us up a thread full of young English talent - possibly ready for 2022

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I am quite intrigued by the names of some modern young English football players. I think I have found the rubric: take the name of a 1970s-90s car for the first name, then combine the surname of a former British prime-minster, and hyphenate that with an exotic vegetable or fruit, and there you have it:

Carlton Wilson-Kumquat
Scirocco Disraeli-Plantain
Clio Heath-Bambara
Berlingo LloydGeorge-Cassava

Mmmmm could do a job!

Don't forget Granada Attlee-Mango

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Winger Emile Smith Rowe (17) played for the Arsenal first team v Borehamwood the other day (along with the more established Reiss Nelson 18). He's possibly one to keep an eye on over the next few years.

He was in England's squad for the U17 world cup last year, but wasn't a first choice. However that's mainly due to him having the misfortune to be born in the same year as Sancho, Foden and Hudson-Odoi. Any other year he'd probably be an automatic starter for England at youth level.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The England Under-19's are currently losing 4-0 to France Under-19's, thus heading out of the European Championships in the group stage. In a group with Ukraine Under-19's and Turkey Under-19's. This is a bit alarming. If we think success will just come naturally in 2022 then we could be in for a bit of a shock. It's not just today, the youngsters have been extremely poor throughout the tournament.

Let's not head back to the dark days and wait another 28 years........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here