Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fulham spend £35million on one player...

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He's been chased by the top four, and is clearly one of the biggest emerging talents on the continent, but I don't think anyone saw this coming?

Fulham spending £35 million. That's ridiculous, and I'm actually glad that we haven't seen anything similar from the Albion (yet).

Jean Michael Seri: Fulham sign Ivory Coast international from Nice
Premier League newcomers Fulham have signed Ivory Coast midfielder Jean Michael Seri from Nice on a four-year deal.

The 26-year-old, who has 18 international caps, scored 12 goals in 103 appearances for the Ligue 1 side.

Fulham have the option to extend his contract, which runs to 2022, by a further year.

"I'm delighted to be here, it's a new adventure that starts for me and I'm hoping it will all go well," said Seri.

"It was great to get the move finalised."

Seri moved to Europe from his homeland in 2012 when he joined Porto on loan, before switching to fellow Primeira Liga side Pacos de Ferreira the following year.

He signed for Nice in 2015 and has topped the Ligue 1 rankings for passes played and completed for the past two seasons.

Fulham owner Tony Khan said: "Jean Michael arrives with Premier League qualities as well as great promise for the future, which is why he has been at the very top of our target list for a long time."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They are owned by one of the richest men in the world, not sure even TB can claim to be that high up the chain

Going completely off topic whatever happened to the statue of that mega Fulham fan Michael Jackson?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They are owned by one of the richest men in the world, not sure even TB can claim to be that high up the chain

Going completely off topic whatever happened to the statue of that mega Fulham fan Michael Jackson?

It's in the National Football Museum in Manchester. It is hilariously bad, no pun intended.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I’m sure I read yesterday that although his release clause was £35m the fee wasn’t anywhere near that ?

Could be wrong though

Having a bit of a deeper look, some are reporting that Nice demanded the release clause of £35 million, some are saying £25 million and a couple of less substantiated sources saying £18million. Regardless, it is an unbelievable signing, seeing as he all but signed for Barcelona last summer...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just googled Seri and he'd be be a useful addition to any team.

"Siri is quite capable of scheduling events, setting reminders, counting down a timer and even booking reservations at your favorite restaurant."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He'll probably turn out to be great, BUT.. Fulham's success over the last two seasons has been totally based on the 'magic triangle' of Cairney, Johansen and McDonald. Whenever one of those has not played, they've not performed.

Possibly that's just due to the relative quality of the back up players. We shall see.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He'll probably turn out to be great, BUT.. Fulham's success over the last two seasons has been totally based on the 'magic triangle' of Cairney, Johansen and McDonald. Whenever one of those has not played, they've not performed.

Possibly that's just due to the relative quality of the back up players. We shall see.
Yeah, but there's a danger that they'll spend so much that they're no longer considered a relegation candidate. Although I wanted Fulham to get promoted because of the football they've played over the last few years, I knew the downside was how wealthy their owner was, and how much he wants to spend on the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here