Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Gutted, by both, but for Boro it was the injustice that was the over-riding thing. That made it really hard to let go.

This one, ultimately, was self-inflicted. We had Croatia at our mercy for 40 minutes and blew it. Harry Kane, in thirty years time, will be waking at night, agonizing over why he didn't just roll the ball sideways for Sterling to tap in.
    The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidRyder View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The journey back from Boro was far longer than my journey back last night, so for that reason alone, Boro was the worst!
      And the gloating vile fans, assaulting our players, mocking us as we tried to leave their shabby smoggy town.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Gutted, by both, but for Boro it was the injustice that was the over-riding thing. That made it really hard to let go.

This one, ultimately, was self-inflicted. We had Croatia at our mercy for 40 minutes and blew it. Harry Kane, in thirty years time, will be waking at night, agonizing over why he didn't just roll the ball sideways for Sterling to blaze in to Row Z
      Corrected for you
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

I'm 46. England have had three decent cracks at tournaments in my lifetime, so once every 15 years or 7-8 tournaments, give or take, and this was arguably the best chance of those three. When will the next good chance be? How many more times will I see England get to the last four?

Who knows? But we are on the right track.

U21s : 3rd in Euros
      U20s: World Cup winners
      U19: Euros winners
      U17: World Cup winners
      Senior squad: World Cup semi finalist
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

0 Not allowed!
      I couldn’t speak for hours after the boro game. Honestly, the hangover hurts more than last nights defeat.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Corrected for you
      I guess it must somehow be Sterling's fault after all. Selfless national hero Harry Kane, was FORCED to have a really crap shot, and miss the open goal on the rebound, because he knew Sterling couldn't be trusted to roll the ball into an empty net from 6 yards. DAMN you Sterling.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      I guess it must somehow be Sterling's fault after all. Selfless national hero Harry Kane, was FORCED to have a really crap shot, and miss the open goal on the rebound, because he knew Sterling couldn't be trusted to roll the ball into an empty net from 6 yards. DAMN you Sterling.
      I'm actually a fan of Sterling, as per the thread I started the other day, and he probably would have scored but he does have form in missing open goals. Call it gallows humour

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Feels about the same for me. How about you?
      Felt much worse against Middlesbrough, but not because I don't care about the WC.

If we went back to 2016 and you offered me promotion again Middlesbrough, or England winning the WC in 2018 and Brighton losing in the playoffs, I'd choose winning the WC - easy decision (without knowing whether Brighton would ever get to the PL).

If last night had been the final, or I'd thought we'd beat France, it would been much worse. I ignored all the idiots saying 'it's coming home' (yes I know, that's half of NSC) and protected my feelings, as it probably wasn't coming home was it.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      I'm actually a fan of Sterling, as per the thread I started the other day, and he probably would have scored but he does have form in missing open goals. Call it gallows humour
      Can you imagine if the roles were reversed in that incident? If Sterling had wasted that double chance, with Kane stood waiting to tap in the goal that would have sealed a place in the World Cup final? Sterling would have been utterly slaughtered. It would have been like Beckham after '98.

0 Not allowed!
      Can you imagine if the roles were reversed in that incident? If Sterling had wasted that double chance, with Kane stood waiting to tap in the goal that would have sealed a place in the World Cup final? Sterling would have been utterly slaughtered. It would have been like Beckham after '98.
      Sadly I think you're right.

What should have happened, of course, is that Kane should have squared it and Sterling tapped it in before carrying out a celebration where he pretended to shoot Lovren with his AK47 tattoo, so enraging the Croat that he attempted to lamp the pair of them. As per the rest of the half he'd have missed but he finally would have got the red card he deserved. Has anyone had such a match of two halves as Lovren last night? I can't remember it if so.