Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Very disappointed but proud. We should have had it wrapped up in the first half when we were dominating them.
    Once Morris started running things we were on the back foot. We need to find a midfielder who can run the game like that.
    My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.

My definition of a sad git is any Palarse fan who has posted more than 100 times on NSC.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Not even close

England/World Cup is an enjoyable summer hobby
      Brighton is the career.

1 Not allowed!
      After we lost to Middlesbrough (and then Wednesday), I was confident that we’d bounce right back and everything that the club did over the subsequent weeks added to that confidence. I was well over it by the time we’d signed Murray on loan.

Last night was the closest we’ve been to a World Cup final in 28 years, and I feel like I’ll be wondering ‘what if’ about that chance Kane had to make it 2-0 until we next get to that stage, in the same way I wondered what if Chris Waddle hadn’t hit the post in extra time in Turin for 20 odd years.
      To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I hope so. After Middlesborough and then the play-off defeat I really thought we'd blown our chance to get into the PL. I thought that the traditional 'big' teams would rebuild and wouldn't be so bad again, and consequently we'd have to settle for being a good 2nd tier club. Obviously I was wrong. Hopefully we (England) will get stronger and we won't live to regret the fact that at this World Cup the cards got dealt in our favour but we couldn't find a winning hand.
      There seems to be a theme that we only got to the semi finals because we faced easy teams. I think that is doing England & Sothgate a big disservice. When it gets to the knockout stages, anything can happen.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Very very few teams win tournaments, and being knocked out is the norm. No relegation / promotion which can have a lasting effect - we just reset again to the same base.

So, for me, Middlesbrough was far more disappointing.

Shame that the Euro qualifiers don't start in September as they usually do. We have to wait until March this time, I think.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong
      A different kind of pasty pasty's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Nowhere near. I was devastated when we were robbed at 'Boro, but last night I felt nothing but pride at how well we'd done to get there, and hope for the future of this England side.
      And coming on for Manchester United, Zlatan Ibrahimović
      WHO?

0 Not allowed!
      Equally gutted

The World Cup comes around every 4 years and we will never get such a favourable route again, Winning a World Cup or Getting to a Final is going to be a once in a lifetime thing.

Boro I was obviously gutted, but even then I just knew it would not be long before we made it.
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.

0 Not allowed!
      Not even close , Middlesbrough. I am still upset with Italia 90 though.....

0 Not allowed!
      Boro was worse. As others have said it was a rank injustice last night was not.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      We'll never have a better chance. Ever. With the Albion, whatever happens, we get a crack at it every year. EVERY year. Its all part of the rollercoaster.

But with England, you have to wait 4 years for a shot - and we've just been within 25 minutes of a World Cup Final, and absolutely blown it. Sorry, it doesn't mean the Albion mean any less to me, but I am fvcking devastated tonight. Casually shrug all you want if you say you don't really give a toss about England. But for only the 2nd time in my entire life, I had a fantastic chance of experiencing a World Cup Final as something other than a neutral. And for an hour tonight, I honestly, confidently thought I would. I honestly cannot relate to people who don't give a shit about that.

Gutted beyond gutted.
      Same here. Totally gutted still this morning. The feel good factor of the last few weeks assisted by the weather across the whole country just isn't something we can get next year, and so unlikely to get again in the next God knows how many multiples of 4 years, probably never for many of us, the old club Vs country thing can **** off right now, in a right foul mood