Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a pleasure to have a proper team, not a bunch of overentitled, overrated 'PL superstar' smegbuckets.
    From little acorns.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks

• North Stand Chat

advertising

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      We need a poem
      People feel BAD enough as it is

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      Exactly, I felt 100 times more pleasure when we beat Arsenal and Man U than any England wins
      Normally I'd agree 100%. I am certainly far less pissed off this morning than, say, when we didn't beat Middlesbrough, and an England World victory would still have been eclipsed by the Hereford draw for me.
      But I felt a different atmosphere in the country this time, responding to a different team and a different management style, far more realistic - like we Albion fans are - and that was great. Shame we couldn't have won it.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      Felt as though many had given up on England. The last few weeks have put some pride back in supporting England. For me a WC win would still surpass everything and that includes the Albion
      Not for me Nicko, Club before Country in footballing terms, although it would make me rethink if an Albion player was in the team.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      I think the pride in the country, the pride in the flag, and the unity felt have been an ENORMOUS bonus from all of this.

I'm sick and tired of the St. Georges cross, and any pride in our nation being taken as meaning you are some sort of right wing, EDL, Tommy Robinson nutter. Phrases like "little englander" drive me insane.

To be a proud Englishman, to display a St. Georges cross, should not automatically make people think of racism and xenophobia, but that is where we are at times. This World Cup has brought back a completely different feel. Forget politicians rowing about this that and the other it is GARETH SOUTHGATE and his united band of humble, classy individuals who have worked fantastically as a team, that has delivered this sea change.

Long may it last.
      couldn't agree more ....you don't have to be a far right nutter to be proud of the flag and your country of birth......being made to feel guilty for being a proud Englishman/woman/person and this whole pc issue is severely damaging the social fabric of our country ....imho
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
      Minister of Information

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      couldn't agree more ....you don't have to be a far right nutter to be proud of the flag and your country of birth......being made to feel guilty for being a proud Englishman/woman/person and this whole pc issue is severely damaging the social fabric of our country ....imho
      Totally agree. But it's the nutters that have stopped folk from being comfortable with it.
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      ....and you seem to be hanging around these politics threads for an unhealthy amount of time...
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Well played England,young team who did their best. Silly point well done to all the posters who have called our flag the Union Flag, not the Union Jack!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
      Normally I'd agree 100%. I am certainly far less pissed off this morning than, say, when we didn't beat Middlesbrough, and an England World victory would still have been eclipsed by the Hereford draw for me.
      But I felt a different atmosphere in the country this time, responding to a different team and a different management style, far more realistic - like we Albion fans are - and that was great. Shame we couldn't have won it.
      we scored too early and i think our current crop of lads lack the guile to go all the way , the Euro's and next world cup will be interesting , i was really proud of the team but thought they would struggle against Croatia who despite having a comparatively minuscule male population to choose players from have some ridiculous footballing pedigree , i really think there was no shame in loosing to them.
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Milano View Post
      Some football fan 'snobs' got all upset about non-football bods jumping on the bandwagon, the more the merrier I thought, it was driving the momentum.
      It was the merry ones that got me down. What were all these young people doing? They seemed to be enjoying themselves. Football is certainly not about shared enjoyment. It's about stress, worry, paranoia and despair. They'll learn.

0 Not allowed!
      I heard of a girl in Hove wearing a Croatia shirt getting punched in the face last night, sad that the knuckle-draggers are still around.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015