Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54
  1. #41
    I'll look after the skirt Pinkie Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    At the end of the Pier
    Posts
    2,788


    3 Not allowed!
    Welbeck. Played a huge role in England's progress. Coming on against Belgium when we were chasing the game ensured second place. Whether England would have progressed to the semi final on the other side of the draw is very questionable. Arise Sir Danny.
    "Zaha does not dive," said Hodgson.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #42
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      41,573


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bladders View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      STERLING!!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ha ha. You say that, but we weren't losing when he was subbed.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
    • #43
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      41,573


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Maguire for me. I thought he was a big lump but he really impressed (Pickford and Trippier not far behind though).

      Disappointed with Kane, a bit of a flat-track bully - scored against a couple of pub teams but did nothing against half-decent opposition (apart from one penalty).
      Gary Neville said he wouldn't be surprised to hear that Kane had been carrying an injury for the last couple of games. The way he was being tackled, and mauled by other teams, it would be feasible.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
    • #44
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      19,115


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie Brown View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Welbeck. Played a huge role in England's progress. Coming on against Belgium when we were chasing the game ensured second place. Whether England would have progressed to the semi final on the other side of the draw is very questionable. Arise Sir Danny.
      With an honourary mention to Phil Jones.

      If he hadn’t reminded Southgate in the warm ups (and Belgium game), as to what a defensive liability he is, he might have been in our first 11 leading to our early WC exit.

      Great work Phil Jones.
    • #45
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Chandlers Ford
      Posts
      52,312


      0 Not allowed!
      Trippier, Stones, Pickford.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
    • #46
      Part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      21,753


      1 Not allowed!
      Pickford, Trippier, Maguire and Henderson. The latter because I didn't rate him pre-tournament and was impressed that he stepped up. Clearly knackered though.
    • #47
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Location
      a galaxy far far away
      Posts
      399


      0 Not allowed!
      Way above expected

      Pickford, Trippier, Maguire

      A bit above expected

      Kane, Lingard

      About par

      Henderson, Young, Stones, Walker

      A bit disappointing

      Sterling, Alli

      Rubbish

      Nobody
    • #48
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      Multicultural Brum
      Posts
      5,900


      0 Not allowed!
      Surprised Trig hasn't intervened yet.Surely we have the third place game to go yet?Up until the Croatia game Walker my outstanding player,but he should have been subbed in that one-think he was injured.Happiest player Sterling,despite all the slagging off kept smiling on the field.Wish Southgate had mixed up the playing selection a bit more,but he's the boss now for a while,hopefully.Overall a big
      In Chris We Trust.
    • #49
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      19,115


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Pickford, Trippier, Maguire and Henderson. The latter because I didn't rate him pre-tournament and was impressed that he stepped up. Clearly knackered though.
      Good job done by Henderson. At the moment, he’s the only one of that defensive CM ilk with the pace to get around for 120 minutes if need be, working his socks off to close down the creative talents of opposing CM’s.

      Dier can do it, but he showed he’s a big old unit without the mobility. At Spurs, Poch doubles up with Wanyama or Dembele beside him as extra DM insurance.
    • #50
      Aberystwyth Town FC ATFC Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Portslade/Hangleton
      Posts
      4,780


      0 Not allowed!
      Name:  Diego-Maradona-Football365.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  186.3 KB
      Founding member of the Brighton and Hove Albion - Republic of Ireland Supporter's Club: COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!
      "You can't talk to the sheep - he's a liar!"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •