Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC 3rd/4th Play off match

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bound to give the FA an idea. Losing FA Cup semi finalists to play at Wembley on the Friday night. Heck, we'll all be there for that one.
Meanwhile Gareth has a team selection headache. First on the team-sheet, anyone who hasn't played yet. The two goalies play 45 each. Kane on in the last 15 if it looks like he may miss the golden boot.

Kane is spent. He's been running on fumes for the last two games. He's either carrying an injury or suffering badly from fatigue. I don't think Spurs will be happy if he plays in that game, regardless of how much he'd like the Golden Boot.

In fact, **** the ****ing Golden Boot. If the Golden ****ing Boot wasn't a ****ing THING, then Harry ****ing Kane would have squared the ball last night for Sterling to roll into an empty net, and we'd all be looking forward to watching England in the final.

:down:

SAC

May 21, 2014
I don't see the point in the match and can't imagine many will watch either in the stadium or back home.

To be honest though, I will probably watch

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I might watch it, simply because Mrs P will be at work and I will have sod all else to do. Do agree with the pointlessness of it though.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In fact, **** the ****ing Golden Boot. If the Golden ****ing Boot wasn't a ****ing THING, then Harry ****ing Kane would have squared the ball last night for Sterling to roll into an empty net, and we'd all be looking forward to watching England in the final.

:down:

I've heard a lot of people saying he should have squared it, I honestly don't want my centre forward squaring it there, just hit the shot properly, and if you don't hit it properly, make sure you hit the second shot on target! Vida was there to stop a square ball, then we'd be cursing he didn't shoot in such a great position. Fact is he scuffed the first shot so badly it was surprising the keeper didn't hold it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've heard a lot of people saying he should have squared it, I honestly don't want my centre forward squaring it there, just hit the shot properly, and if you don't hit it properly, make sure you hit the second shot on target! Vida was there to stop a square ball, then we'd be cursing he didn't shoot in such a great position. Fact is he scuffed the first shot so badly it was surprising the keeper didn't hold it.

Do you think anyone would be so generous in their assessment, if the roles had been reversed?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m not totally sure I’m not going to watch as my 6 yo is excited by the idea of finishing 3rd.

Why not give the 3rd place game some meaning? The first 3 in the world cup don’t have to qualify for the next one.

Or maybe just bin it off

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
And I’m not quite sure why it’s played at all. It’s not like it can generate much revenue. Nobody is going to watch on TV apart from a few very die hard English and Belgians. Not sure who is going to want to attend the game either as the party has moved on. Surely there’s pressure from the clubs to remove it and have a better chance of getting their players back early. The players and managers clearly don’t want it.

Is it just because it always has been played?
It is because 64 games is sort of a bit more symmetrical than 63?

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
And I’m not quite sure why it’s played at all. It’s not like it can generate much revenue. Nobody is going to watch on TV apart from a few very die hard English and Belgians. Not sure who is going to want to attend the game either as the party has moved on. Surely there’s pressure from the clubs to remove it and have a better chance of getting their players back early. The players and managers clearly don’t want it.

Is it just because it always has been played?
It is because 64 games is sort of a bit more symmetrical than 63?

they bought the medals in a job lot and still have enough for the next two world cups: after that it will be ditched : will watch anyway : would be nice to beat Belgium whoever gets to play

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Our highest ever finish apart from 1966 is 4th so I think this group of lads deserve the honour of being the best after them. Therefore , finish on a high with a smile on your face and get the 3rd place.

Come on England

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Really hope both sides play a strong squad and we end on a high.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I would guess there are some Belgians who bought TVs who will be watching avidly. I think they just still need 2 goals for their money back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here